• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help pls

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
we did an overnight bonding session with Timber & Lottie, lots of humping by both, this morning but them both in Timbers house and both lunging and circling each other, lots of fur flying, should in leave them supervised or go back to the bedroom bonding sessions for another wk? Lottie seems scraed even though she has done the humping in the bedroom

How long have they had bonding within the neutral area and were they still showing dominance behaviours in the neutral area?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I agree with your choice to go back to bedroom bonding.

When you next try them in the shared accommodation ensure its been cleaned with white vinegar at a 50/50 dilution with water.
Also try to make the space smaller if it wasn't a similar size to what they were bonding in.

a week, yes both humping each other but grooming, eating and sleeping next to each other

I think according to your other post you've been doing bonding in dates? And they've only been together overnight last night? I think I would put them back in neutral territory and leave them together and only split them if necessary. And I would leave them in there for at least 48 hours after any humping chasing etc has settled down. Each time you move or extend space for a newly bonded pair or group it can make things kick off for a bit.

Fingers crossed they will settle down for you :thumb:

thank you, i just want them to be buddys lol, i hate seeing them squabble, yes you are correct on the bonding

I think according to your other post you've been doing bonding in dates? And they've only been together overnight last night? I think I would put them back in neutral territory and leave them together and only split them if necessary. And I would leave them in there for at least 48 hours after any humping chasing etc has settled down. Each time you move or extend space for a newly bonded pair or group it can make things kick off for a bit.

yes, we cleaned out with white vinegar, new trays & blankets and confined the space but Timber wasnt happy with Lottie in his house, we do have another 2 buns which i considered swopping their houses over but thought this might stress the bonded pair?

I agree with your choice to go back to bedroom bonding.

When you next try them in the shared accommodation ensure its been cleaned with white vinegar at a 50/50 dilution with water.
Also try to make the space smaller if it wasn't a similar size to what they were bonding in.

Thanks Zoobec - I couldn't find other post with details.

yes, ive split them for now, could be me now being strong enough but they were both lunging at each other, biting too, they would eat in the same area and Lottie finally groomed Timberbut clearly Timber was unhappy with the new arrival & Lottie was petrified even though she humped him all night in the bedroom, thought best to separate and go back to the neutral terriorty again over the next wk????

Sorry, only just seen your message. Are you OK? xx

yes, ive split them for now, could be me now being strong enough but they were both lunging at each other, biting too, they would eat in the same area and Lottie finally groomed Timberbut clearly Timber was unhappy with the new arrival & Lottie was petrified even though she humped him all night in the bedroom, thought best to separate and go back to the neutral terriorty again over the next wk????

Did you put both of them onto Timber's territory?

Back