• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

Made these :)

16473459_1099226250222576_4393485596434265741_n.jpg

Hi, your stuff is so amazing. I thought I'd put some of my crafting on the forum. The quilt started off as a piece of scrap material that hubby bought from ebay.....He likes koi carp. I couldn't cut it into patchwork pieces as I would have ended up with bits of fish. In the end I decided to put frames around it. It just got bigger and bigger to balance the perspective. I got it out again this week to try and finish it. I quilted the bag and crocheted the blanket. I hope you like them.

That's a beautiful quilt, love the colours. I've made a few patchwork quilts over the years. The first one I made was that heavy it felt like you were paralysed, you just couldn't move with it over you [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful quilt, love the colours. I've made a few patchwork quilts over the years. The first one I made was that heavy it felt like you were paralysed, you just couldn't move with it over you [emoji3]

Thankyou. I sew, knit, crochet. Been doing it since I was about 8 years old. The quilting is a new thing, only started teaching myself about 6 years ago. I watch Missouri Star Quilt Co on YouTube. Have learned loads from Jenny Doan. You're right about the weight. They make you sweat too, so does crocheting blankets! Your work is stunning. Wish I could draw and paint. My late father used to paint in watercolours.

Love the apron, it does look very comfy, I made a similar one with a crossover back and big pockets for when I'm painting. I get lost of sewing ideas and patterns from Pinterest.

Thankyou. I sew, knit, crochet. Been doing it since I was about 8 years old. The quilting is a new thing, only started teaching myself about 6 years ago. I watch Missouri Star Quilt Co on YouTube. Have learned loads from Jenny Doan. You're right about the weight. They make you sweat too, so does crocheting blankets! Your work is stunning. Wish I could draw and paint. My late father used to paint in watercolours.

Thank you, I've been painting for about 10 years now. I can't knit, but I do crochet, but I can't follow patterns I just please my self. I love quilting though, I made loads of blankets for the kids when they were little. I last one I made, I made it into a quilt cover instead so there was none of the weight and I could wash it easy.

Thank you, I've been painting for about 10 years now. I can't knit, but I do crochet, but I can't follow patterns I just please my self. I love quilting though, I made loads of blankets for the kids when they were little. I last one I made, I made it into a quilt cover instead so there was none of the weight and I could wash it easy.

The apron is a crossover back, too, 'Janet Clare' pattern, Artisan Apron. I have two and have made them for friends. Discovered on Create and Craft tv. They take loads of fabric 4 metres, if you're making them reversible, of minimum 45 inch width. Medium weight calico is great for one side, Janet embroiders them and puts appliques on them. That's a brilliant idea of yours to make quilt covers instead of full blown quilts.

Back