• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo went in to stasis last night

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Refused midnight nuggets (& the other too were decidedly less interested in them). I'd seen her tummy press once in the evening. She appeared irritated with her back end & was flopping a lot but not in her usual relaxed way. I gave her metacam & infracol & duly set up a makeshift bed on the lounge floor. An hour or so later I heard a beautiful rustle & munching sound. She was eating the dried brambles I have put aside for such an 'occasion' :love:

Similar to when Joey has gone in to stasis she was seemingly really uncomfortable one moment then totally back to normal the next. Went on to devour some pear, dried forage & nuggets.

This morning she'd left me a rope of poo. I assume maybe she had struggled to pass this & it was the cause.
The other thing that may have upset her is some drilling in the house though the bunnies do seem to take this in their stride these days & with Boo being deaf I would not expect her to be the one most sensitive to it.

When Boo was visibly poorly Joey & Mouse's reactions were really interesting. They both seemed to fuss around her & seemed on edge. I was amazed that nobun went to steal her brambles as they normally border on food aggressive.

Aww poor Boo :( Why do they worry us like this! In the middle of the night it always seems worse too :(

I'm not convinced that in similar circumstances, mine would leave the therapeutic Brambles to the poorly rabbit. I very much suspect they wouldn't.

I hope she remains OK now that she's got rid of the probable suspect item.

Refused midnight nuggets (& the other too were decidedly less interested in them). I'd seen her tummy press once in the evening. She appeared irritated with her back end & was flopping a lot but not in her usual relaxed way. I gave her metacam & infracol & duly set up a makeshift bed on the lounge floor. An hour or so later I heard a beautiful rustle & munching sound. She was eating the dried brambles I have put aside for such an 'occasion' :love:

Similar to when Joey has gone in to stasis she was seemingly really uncomfortable one moment then totally back to normal the next. Went on to devour some pear, dried forage & nuggets.

This morning she'd left me a rope of poo. I assume maybe she had struggled to pass this & it was the cause.
The other thing that may have upset her is some drilling in the house though the bunnies do seem to take this in their stride these days & with Boo being deaf I would not expect her to be the one most sensitive to it.

When Boo was visibly poorly Joey & Mouse's reactions were really interesting. They both seemed to fuss around her & seemed on edge. I was amazed that nobun went to steal her brambles as they normally border on food aggressive.

Glad to hear you've got Boo out of a predicament :)

I know there's a thought on here that Infacol is useless and shouldn't be given to rabbits, but I've found it so helpful. Particularly when there's no vet in sight!

I hope the string of pearls helps her have less tummy ache now.

Did you do tummy rubs?

Did you manage to get to bed for some quality sleep yourself last night? x

Aww poor Boo :( Why do they worry us like this! In the middle of the night it always seems worse too :(

I'm not convinced that in similar circumstances, mine would leave the therapeutic Brambles to the poorly rabbit. I very much suspect they wouldn't.

I hope she remains OK now that she's got rid of the probable suspect item.

Thanks Omi. I never would have imagined they'd leave her the medicinal brambles either..when I first heard the sound I imagined Mouse &/or Joey had got to them. They never stop surprising do they

Poor Boo, lucky you were so on the ball to pick it up and help. Good Mouse and Joey too for helping her.

Glad to hear you've got Boo out of a predicament :)

I know there's a thought on here that Infacol is useless and shouldn't be given to rabbits, but I've found it so helpful. Particularly when there's no vet in sight!

I hope the string of pearls helps her have less tummy ache now.

Did you do tummy rubs?

Did you manage to get to bed for some quality sleep yourself last night? x

Thank You Mightymax. It was a real worry accessing a vet as we'd shared a bottle of wine at 10pm.

I don't know how infracol might work on bunnies & it actually makes more sense that it doesn't work but I'm convinced it helped Boo last night & in the past its done wonders for Joe too. Its most unlike me to deviate from the teachings of FHB but she did say it'd do no harm.

I didn't rub her belly . Yes I was in bed & probably asleep once I'd seen her stuff her face. Got up at 3am to check on her & she accepted more forage (apart from the huge thorny rose stem I had to yank out of my foot first thing)

the offending poo

F0UeT4Tb.jpg

I'm glad Boo bounced back quickly. Mine always seem to do it at night too! xx

Thank You newbabybuns. In a way I'm grateful for the night thing as at least there is no worry about what to do about work ...had we not pulled it round then not so much & morning would have been better. But yes - its always at night it seems

Treacles been doing a few of those strings too, thank goodness she's almost finished moulting ! I also use infacol, she hates it, but I use the dropper and put it on a front paw, then she has to lick it off, much to her disgust ! I've mentioned to a vet recenly that I've used infacol on buns, she looked absolutely aghast, till I mentioned FHB :D
Glad Boo is ok now, such a worry these buns :roll:

Glad to hear that Boo is ok now :D
Sy stopped eating last night too but I wasn't there :( I'm still dog sitting and woke up this morning to about 12 missed calls. My o/h couldn't get anything in him.
Luckily it seems like he got over it on his own but i'm heading up to see him now.

Treacles been doing a few of those strings too, thank goodness she's almost finished moulting ! I also use infacol, she hates it, but I use the dropper and put it on a front paw, then she has to lick it off, much to her disgust ! I've mentioned to a vet recenly that I've used infacol on buns, she looked absolutely aghast, till I mentioned FHB :D
Glad Boo is ok now, such a worry these buns :roll:

Thanks Petsmum. Do you use infracol when Treacle is moulting or just when she looks uncomfy? I like the paw idea - I'll try that

Glad to hear that Boo is ok now :D
Sy stopped eating last night too but I wasn't there :( I'm still dog sitting and woke up this morning to about 12 missed calls. My o/h couldn't get anything in him.
Luckily it seems like he got over it on his own but i'm heading up to see him now.

Your OH is so wonderfully attentive with your buns (mines pretty good too). I hope your boy is back to himself now & has lots of loves for you (& an explanation about the pillow poo)

Oh no poor Boo [emoji17] I'm glad she seems to be feeling better today, hopefully she just needed to get those awkward poos out. Bless Joey and Mouse though for worrying about her and restraining themselves! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You Mightymax. It was a real worry accessing a vet as we'd shared a bottle of wine at 10pm.

I don't know how infracol might work on bunnies & it actually makes more sense that it doesn't work but I'm convinced it helped Boo last night & in the past its done wonders for Joe too. Its most unlike me to deviate from the teachings of FHB but she did say it'd do no harm.

I didn't rub her belly . Yes I was in bed & probably asleep once I'd seen her stuff her face. Got up at 3am to check on her & she accepted more forage (apart from the huge thorny rose stem I had to yank out of my foot first thing)

Yes, I agree, it's good stuff. It does no harm, so where's the problem? :)

FHB actually said that it does no harm and possibly has good effect for both stasis and blockage - I am taking her at her word :lol:

Thanks Petsmum. Do you use infracol when Treacle is moulting or just when she looks uncomfy? I like the paw idea - I'll try that

She gets a bit gassy sometimes, I can always tell, as she looks uncomfortable. Too much grass can set it off, infacol seems to work for her though. Think she recognises the bottle now, as she always run away from me :D

She gets a bit gassy sometimes, I can always tell, as she looks uncomfortable. Too much grass can set it off, infacol seems to work for her though. Think she recognises the bottle now, as she always run away from me :D

Another vote for Inafcol :thumb:

I would run away too. It's a bit sickly, judging by the smell.

Roxy will probably elucidate, as she has tasted it :D

Oh no poor Boo [emoji17] I'm glad she seems to be feeling better today, hopefully she just needed to get those awkward poos out. Bless Joey and Mouse though for worrying about her and restraining themselves! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy - I am really impressed with Joey & Mouse. They've just told me I need to go foraging NOW to safeguard against any recurrence

Aw glad to hear Boo has recovered, poor girl. I'm impressed also with the restraint of your other pair! Mine in the past would have defo eatten the poorly buna food so I always had to set up a sick pen. Yes more forage must be got mum they say!

Back