• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*NOW IN NEW HOME* Bereaved senior doe seeks new home - Imogen

Another uneventful night, I slept upstairs with a baby monitor on. This is what I found this morning...

51e249e9c4283e61bc9b0c416c18bc32.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

I think you *do* need a bigger bed :)

After all, no one wants to be left out :lol:

I'll have to put dad in the case, although since I moved them upstairs this afternoon they are spending a lot of time flopped out on the blanket.

070ea22ed6765773bdcb6ef3d6afe6a8.jpg

ebbf6028a6c82973a27276b2035fffa3.jpg

And I see Imogen is rather good at DBFs!

6355ad1984903cd007bec26bc7cfc365.jpg

edd4f666a0e230fe1108df640884c75c.jpg

So gorgeous! I have to say that I never saw Imogen do a DBF outdoors OR when she was indoors here. I think perhaps she was more 'on guard' here because of the dogs so clearly she's very relaxed with you :D. It's so lovely to see. And nice to see that she's enjoying a cuddle with Smudge too :thumb:. Glad to hear you've managed to get them back upstairs again.

ETA - David's just reminded me that he had to go outside and poke her more than once because he thought she was dead!!!!

Last edited:
I'll have to put dad in the case, although since I moved them upstairs this afternoon they are spending a lot of time flopped out on the blanket.

070ea22ed6765773bdcb6ef3d6afe6a8.jpg

ebbf6028a6c82973a27276b2035fffa3.jpg

And I see Imogen is rather good at DBFs!

6355ad1984903cd007bec26bc7cfc365.jpg

edd4f666a0e230fe1108df640884c75c.jpg

Absolutely and utterly adorable :love:

Why do you have to put your father into a case? You make him sound like a ventriloquist's dummy :lol:

(can't see properly, but Imogen's ears look fluffy *inside* and out?)

ON the case!! :lol: :lol: I always do that, who's idea was it to put the I next to the O?! I usually catch it and change it :lol: was obviously too excited :lol:

So gorgeous! I have to say that I never saw Imogen do a DBF outdoors OR when she was indoors here. I think perhaps she was more 'on guard' here because of the dogs so clearly she's very relaxed with you :D. It's so lovely to see. And nice to see that she's enjoying a cuddle with Smudge too :thumb:. Glad to hear you've managed to get them back upstairs again.

ETA - David's just reminded me that he had to go outside and poke her more than once because he thought she was dead!!!!

Aw! :love: She's certainly relaxed a lot more now she's with Mini and Smudge. I was half expecting her to retreat into her shell a bit once her location changed again, but she settled straight away.

(can't see properly, but Imogen's ears look fluffy *inside* and out?)

I've never, ever, seen ears as fluffy as Imogens :shock:. They are actually naked right inside but the fluff goes all around the outside and along the inside edge. I don't think she ever suffered from cold ears (or any other part of her, given the depth of her coat). I'm afraid she'll be in a mega-moult now (sorry Elena). She was on the cusp of moulting her winter coat anyway but having gone from outdoors to indoors, it'll be a major floating-fluff-fest :oops:.

I've never, ever, seen ears as fluffy as Imogens :shock:. They are actually naked right inside but the fluff goes all around the outside and along the inside edge. I don't think she ever suffered from cold ears (or any other part of her, given the depth of her coat). I'm afraid she'll be in a mega-moult now (sorry Elena). She was on the cusp of moulting her winter coat anyway but having gone from outdoors to indoors, it'll be a major floating-fluff-fest :oops:.

Haha! No worries, I'm used to it with Smudge!

Oh - I thought I'd lived a sheltered life, but she's obviously quite special :love:

So, so lovely to see the three of them together in a bunny bundle :love:. Well done on creating your new trio Elena. I'm so pleased to see Imogen happy and settled with her new friends. May they all have many happy years together xxxxxx

So, so lovely to see the three of them together in a bunny bundle :love:. Well done on creating your new trio Elena. I'm so pleased to see Imogen happy and settled with her new friends. May they all have many happy years together xxxxxx

It's a bit of a dream come true. For you and Imogen. Just wonderful :love:

I keep going to call her Nutmeg :oops: I think it must be the little things she does that are similar to what Nutmeg used to do, maybe because Nutmeg also had sight issues.

They now have access to all three rooms. I let them in there (edit: that is, my bedroom) yesterday as when I let them on the landing Smudge dug at the door so much he managed to open it :roll: so I figured it was better to neutralise and put them in there slightly ahead of what I'd planned. She found it a bit disconcerting at first I think but she's quite a bit more confident now.

I won't update here anymore as I think they're pretty much bonded but I do have some photos from my DSLR that I'll put in a new thread once I get round to editing them!

Last edited:
Back