• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big day for Grace and Luther

Are they being seperated at all or just kept constantly together?

If they not apart you could consider the whole time as a first date so nawwww not unrealistic at all ;)

Are they being seperated at all or just kept constantly together?

If they not apart you could consider the whole time as a first date so nawwww not unrealistic at all ;)

Constantly together. Theyvstart offbin a cat carrier together, then if they are good together for a long period (a day or so) they then start expanding their space together, so into part of an indoor cage, then give more room bit by bit.
Then if all is good, they come home together in the same carrier and go into our pen, but reduced size and we carry on expanding the space over days/ weeks until they are free :)

Haha! That’s very true! One big long date lol. Hopefully with a husban and wife at the end <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with both MM and Craig. Friendships and trust take longer then a day but no fighting is a good start and very posative in my opinion. I wouldn’t wanna snuggle up with some one I’d only seen from afar on a first date either lol a little time goes a long way.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all xx

Actually though, it does happen :)

When I bonded my recent group two of the boys had never met before and I just put everyone together and the boys immediately teamed up. Within 10 mins you could see they were buddies :)

But the key thing is, no fighting. I haven't had a male/female bond fail, so let's hope that today augurs well for the Luthers :D

When I bonded my recent group two of the boys had never met before and I just put everyone together and the boys immediately teamed up. Within 10 mins you could see they were buddies :)

But the key thing is, no fighting. I haven't had a male/female bond fail, so let's hope that today augurs well for the Luthers :D

Aww bless them, they must have known your lady bun was boss already hehe! I hope so too.

I think it probably didn’t help that the weathers been so loud, he hates loud wind etc and I think he finds the smell/sound of other buns there bonding a bit off putting. Apparently another pair hasn’t been getting on so well, so maybe that’s affecting his mood too.
I’m just trying not to get excited yet because we’ve had a rough time before as you know, but I can’t help getting a fuzzy feeling about it so far :-D x

I can believe it :) we’re all diffrent what I might not do some one else might so I would think it would be the same thing for rabbits.

Sounds really good the way yours all got on from the offset :) I’m not sure mine will go any where near as smooth in 3 weeks. I’m achilly hesitating over bonding my two girls again tbh.

Just called for another update.

So they have had their space expanded this morning, and both are being curious about people going in and out etc as normal so that’s good.

Luther still is having a bit of a go at Grace when she gets too close, but they do sit together at times too, he’s lunging not biting. She’s ready to be his friend, but he’s not yet.
But still no signs of aggression or humping.

She thinks Luther is missing home comforts, which I’d agree with, he’s a sucker for being home and in a routine. So they are staying this weekend too, then I’m getting a call Monday morning to hopefully be told I can collect them.

So again I guess it’s still pretty good news considering what he was like before with Truffle. He’s probably a grump about the weather, not being home and maybe still missing Truffle perhaps.

But they keep saying how lovely Gracie is <3 hehe! X

Awww bless little grumpy chops & beautiful Grace. Looks like they are slowly & steadily edging in the right direction. I'm pleased there have been no war wounds. I bet its really weird having a bunny free home fo so long...bet your housework needs have reduced too

I can believe it :) we’re all diffrent what I might not do some one else might so I would think it would be the same thing for rabbits.

Sounds really good the way yours all got on from the offset :) I’m not sure mine will go any where near as smooth in 3 weeks. I’m achilly hesitating over bonding my two girls again tbh.

Hopefully we will be able to ease you over the bonding when the time comes Lisa :)

I think I have just been lucky with mine, as I have taken rescue rabbits without sorting out personalities or even knowing what they were like before I agreed to have them. Reckless really :shock:

So they have had their space expanded this morning, and both are being curious about people going in and out etc as normal so that’s good.

Luther still is having a bit of a go at Grace when she gets too close, but they do sit together at times too, he’s lunging not biting. She’s ready to be his friend, but he’s not yet.

She thinks Luther is missing home comforts, which I’d agree with, he’s a sucker for being home and in a routine. So they are staying this weekend too, then I’m getting a call Monday morning to hopefully be told I can collect them.

So again I guess it’s still pretty good news considering what he was like before with Truffle. He’s probably a grump about the weather, not being home and maybe still missing Truffle perhaps.

This sounds good and at least luther isn’t pushing her away completly :D

Fingers crossed and sending posative calming bonding vibes

Sounds like they will get on in the end!

In my experience it's often the female that takes a bit of settling down, but RU seems to have it's own share of male divas :love:

Awww bless little grumpy chops & beautiful Grace. Looks like they are slowly & steadily edging in the right direction. I'm pleased there have been no war wounds. I bet its really weird having a bunny free home fo so long...bet your housework needs have reduced too

Haha! He totally is a grumpy chops lol! I don’t know why he’s being so resistant to love though.
I hope so, she always sounds a bit down about how they are, but I said honestly just the fact Luther isn’t trying to chew her ears off is amazing in itself, even if he’s being slow to give in to her charms.

Ha! It’s funny you say that. My housework has reduced but the cats keep me busy enough still. But I did think my morning is considerably quicker without feeding cats any bunnies.....then I felt bad because I do miss them.

This sounds good and at least luther isn’t pushing her away completly :D

Fingers crossed and sending posative calming bonding vibes

That’s what I was thinking, although in my head it sounds so sad she’s trying to cuddle and he lunges.

Thank you :-D

Sounds like they will get on in the end!

In my experience it's often the female that takes a bit of settling down, but RU seems to have it's own share of male divas :love:

Do you think? That’s so reliving to hear, I know I’m a worry wart anyway but it’s so new to me having a female I can’t tell how it’s going lol. Just know obviously no fighting or blood is always a good thing!

I think Luey definitely fancies himself as a diva but I said to the bonder I fully expect the rolls to switch by the end after hearing about bossy lady buns hehe!! X

Reading your update, in my opinion, this appears to be (still) a sorting out of dominance. The dynamics of the relationship has changed and although we can't get in their minds, we can see from posture and body language what is going on. I am sure he is missing Truffle - he was his world and everything that was familiar. Now that is all being changed. In Luthers world, Grace is a new person so he has to come to terms with it. Pushing the boundaries is what parents call this behaviour - he's seeing what he can get away with and establish friendship boundaries. Grace seems more laid back - perhaps in her previous home the dynamics were different. All rabbits are unique and they just need time and a little helping hand to resolve their differences.
Topping up the bonding vibes for Luther & Grace. xx

Reading your update, in my opinion, this appears to be (still) a sorting out of dominance. The dynamics of the relationship has changed and although we can't get in their minds, we can see from posture and body language what is going on. I am sure he is missing Truffle - he was his world and everything that was familiar. Now that is all being changed. In Luthers world, Grace is a new person so he has to come to terms with it. Pushing the boundaries is what parents call this behaviour - he's seeing what he can get away with and establish friendship boundaries. Grace seems more laid back - perhaps in her previous home the dynamics were different. All rabbits are unique and they just need time and a little helping hand to resolve their differences.
Topping up the bonding vibes for Luther & Grace. xx

Thank you for your comment, what you’ve said is really interesting. That’s a very different way of looking at his behaviour and makes a lot of sense that he would test her. He can be a bit of a brat lol. I wonder also if he’s unsure because he’s never met a doe before (after his siblings) so that also is something unfamiliar to him.
Grace was unnutered in her previous home and was only let out an hour a day from her cage, she apparently met the unnutered boys the other children got as Christmas gifts, and she was picked on. So I guess she’s maybe laid back because he’s not being mean to her until she gets too in his face.
Thank you for your help and more vibes I really appreciate it :) xx

Thank you for your comment, what you’ve said is really interesting. That’s a very different way of looking at his behaviour and makes a lot of sense that he would test her. He can be a bit of a brat lol. I wonder also if he’s unsure because he’s never met a doe before (after his siblings) so that also is something unfamiliar to him.
Grace was unnutered in her previous home and was only let out an hour a day from her cage, she apparently met the unnutered boys the other children got as Christmas gifts, and she was picked on. So I guess she’s maybe laid back because he’s not being mean to her until she gets too in his face.
Thank you for your help and more vibes I really appreciate it :) xx

Hmm? It seems to be making more sense to me anyway. Staying with the status qup with Luther, Grace 's behavior starts to make alot more sense. I am sad that her previous life was so restricted and so bad, but she's now very much going to have the life she truly needs and deserves. So Grace is alot more accepting of the situation because for her, from her perspective, she is being allowed to be herself. She isn't being shoved about as some used toy is. She has her life and she is behaving as she should be. So Graces world is now 'whoopee' and she is wanting to be with Luther because she feels safe and protected and in her world, this is complete.
Luther, as you said, is probably unsure because he's now being asked to suddenly share his life with a female - strange smells, behaviours and he has to adjust to all that. It's like spending your life with someone and getting use dto all their quirks, and then suddenly having to adjust to someone totally different in a short space of time.
Imagine if you will, a child going to school for the very first day - all new sounds, smells and not sure who to trust or make friends with. This is probably how Luther feels - only he must find a way to be friends with Grace.
I am confident that Luther will find his own strategy and the bonding will work. And once they are back home with you, their little worlds will be complete and they can both settle into a routine, underpinned by your deep love and affection for them. xx

Hmm? It seems to be making more sense to me anyway. Staying with the status qup with Luther, Grace 's behavior starts to make alot more sense. I am sad that her previous life was so restricted and so bad, but she's now very much going to have the life she truly needs and deserves. So Grace is alot more accepting of the situation because for her, from her perspective, she is being allowed to be herself. She isn't being shoved about as some used toy is. She has her life and she is behaving as she should be. So Graces world is now 'whoopee' and she is wanting to be with Luther because she feels safe and protected and in her world, this is complete.
Luther, as you said, is probably unsure because he's now being asked to suddenly share his life with a female - strange smells, behaviours and he has to adjust to all that. It's like spending your life with someone and getting use dto all their quirks, and then suddenly having to adjust to someone totally different in a short space of time.
Imagine if you will, a child going to school for the very first day - all new sounds, smells and not sure who to trust or make friends with. This is probably how Luther feels - only he must find a way to be friends with Grace.
I am confident that Luther will find his own strategy and the bonding will work. And once they are back home with you, their little worlds will be complete and they can both settle into a routine, underpinned by your deep love and affection for them. xx

Omg literally everything you’re saying is making so much sense and angles I had never thought of!
Really interesting to think about actually, and I think you are totally right in both their cases to be honest.

That’s really given me more faith in how they are doing so far and how hopefully they will be able to be friends in the end :) and thank you for such kind words about us <3

Thank you for your comments it’s been really helpful and good to look at things from another perspective. Xx

Back