• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Running round owners legs

Kim_w

Mama Doe
My new doe runs around my legs while loose in the garden.
I go out carefully as I know she will come over to me but have accidentally kicked her twice this week (not hard! Just as im taking catious steps) as she appears from nowhere. 🙁

A buck I had many years ago did this too but I think he stopped when neutered.

I am planning on getting her neutered and getting her a friend. She is around 2 years of age.

Is it a hormonal/territorial behaviour? Does it usually improve with neutering and getting a friend? She is so friendly bless her.

Yes, it does seem hormone related but I believe it can also be due to excitement. I almost knocked Daphne down the stairs because she started doing it to me at the top of the stairs while I was trying to get down.

Boots does the same to me, he does it in excitement, especially if he thinks it could be or should be pellet o'clock. I have had to adopt the house rabbit shuffle so I don't kick him :lol: I once nearly fell downstairs because he ran in front of me and I was trying to avoid him!

She is really sweet. We have only had her a couple of weeks. She is very friendly. Always runs over when I go outside.

Mine are neutered and they all do it, especially if they think I have food. My fosters do it too at food time. It's so easy to accidentally kick them isn't it?! Millie is the worst culprit, sometimes she's just happy to see us so I have to shuffle round the living room these days so she doesn't get kicked or stood on!

My new doe runs around my legs while loose in the garden.
I go out carefully as I know she will come over to me but have accidentally kicked her twice this week (not hard! Just as im taking catious steps) as she appears from nowhere. 🙁

A buck I had many years ago did this too but I think he stopped when neutered.

I am planning on getting her neutered and getting her a friend. She is around 2 years of age.

Is it a hormonal/territorial behaviour? Does it usually improve with neutering and getting a friend? She is so friendly bless her.

Lots of us (inadvertantly) kick (gently!) our rabbits a lot :lol: It's because they want our attention and run around our feet!

Neutering doesn't make any difference to the friendly rabbit who wants attention. Whether it's for food or for cuddles xx

Mine do it all the time!
Hiro is the worst though with his tilty head, I've fallen over myself numerous times trying to avoid kicking him in case it makes him fall over and sends him rolling!

I've heard that this is called dancing or something like that, my bunnies who are neutered do this when they think i have food. Its quite amusing actually, in my personal experience its a sign that their happy and shows 'love' towards you or something like that.

:lol:My two bridge buns did this many times,usually when the treat bag came out.Great excitement and they also would check out each others mouths too in case one of them already had a treat!

Ahhhh. Nice to know she likes living with us 💖
I have to say, I am starting to grow fond of her. Don't feel I know her inside out like my other 2 yet but I'm sure that will come x

My bridge bun Betty used to do it all the time, once she had ran round your legs, she'd sit on your feet and headbutt your shins so she could get picked up for a cuddle. :D

Back