• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland Dwarf

Hi there,

I've recently got a female Netherland dwarf, she's just over 10 weeks old and weighs 450 grams. I'm unsure that she's 100% Nethe though, the breeder told me that she was but her ears are a bit bigger than my male Netherland and they sit differently than his. My question is, do rabbits ears grow and how can I tell if she's a mixed breed? The only reason I'm worried is that if she get's much bigger than he is (900 grams) then I may not have enough room for her :( Thanks

Why wouldn't you have enough room for her?
A single small to medium size rabbit should have 60sqft, the same as a pair of small to medium sized rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I've recently got a female Netherland dwarf, she's just over 10 weeks old and weighs 450 grams. I'm unsure that she's 100% Nethe though, the breeder told me that she was but her ears are a bit bigger than my male Netherland and they sit differently than his. My question is, do rabbits ears grow and how can I tell if she's a mixed breed? The only reason I'm worried is that if she get's much bigger than he is (900 grams) then I may not have enough room for her :( Thanks

A good breeder will always show you the mother and father, and give you the complete history of any rabbit you purchase.

Have you not much space for your rabbits?

Welcome to the forum by the way :wave:

Hello. I have a pair of beautiful Nethies. My female has slightly bigger ears and I was told females have a narrow face which can make the ears look bigger.
She is slightly heavier but only just over a kilo. I think Nethies can be up to 1.2kg.

However all buns need lots of room so not sure why her being a big bigger would mean you wouldn't have enough room.

My Nethies like to sprint at full speed around the living room! I call them poppet rockets. Haha.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello. I have a pair of beautiful Nethies. My female has slightly bigger ears and I was told females have a narrow face which can make the ears look bigger.
She is slightly heavier but only just over a kilo. I think Nethies can be up to 1.2kg.

However all buns need lots of room so not sure why her being a big bigger would mean you wouldn't have enough room.

My Nethies like to sprint at full speed around the living room! I can them poppet rockets. Haha.

This :thumb: my current house bunny is the smallest rabbit I've had, but he is the most acrobatic of all, and loves jumping on things, and from platform to platform!

This :thumb: my current house bunny is the smallest rabbit I've had, but he is the most acrobatic of all, and loves jumping on things, and from platform to platform!

I've found this as well. Fudgie is a nethie cross and she is definitely the "bounciest" and most hyperactive bunny I've had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just worried that the cage I got said it was suitable for 2 small sized rabbits and if she get's bigger I'll need to get a bigger cage. They have the run of the house for most of the day, I very rarely keep them caged up as I like them to be free! :)

You could pop a picture on here and I'm sure someone could help with the size of the cage. :)

I had a nethie many years back now, she especially in younger years loved freedom and lots and lots of space
I just had to "rescue" Archie who was preparing to launch himself from the back of the sofa! He was most miffed.

Haha sound about right rosie climbed part of drain pipe in garden I remember mum running in she going get stuck lol, she got on windowsills and everywhere

Haha sound about right rosie climbed part of drain pipe in garden I remember mum running in she going get stuck lol, she got on windowsills and everywhere
No space is too small to try to squeeze in, nothing is too high to try to jump on... that the Nethie moto!

Back