• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreaming of........???

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
7:30am this morning and 'Hillian' are in the living room whilst I get ready for work. I happened to check on the pair of them as they were quiet and.......

W7nQpqc.jpg

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time Lillian has had a bunny flop. She is absolutely zonko. Goodness knows what she is dreaming of but she seems quite content about things. My understanding is that bunny flops mean contentment - so I hope this is the case with Lillian.
BTW, does anyone think she's got a bit of a tummy? She does like her food but I'm hoping she's not too weighty.
Oh, and an update on Henry and the stairs. The answer to the question "how long does it take a nethie to climb 14 stairs?" is 2 seconds. He's now incorporated a 'check' upstairs into his evening routine. He's getting very confident about this.
Lillian is still very wary of us humans and hates any form of human contact. Something else to work on....

Cute picture :love: It's my experience that a rabbit will flop like this not only when it's content but also when it feels secure. This is all good news for Lillian and in my view demonstrates that she is starting to feel safer and that she can relax more.

I don't think that Lillian's tummy is too big. I think she's just too relaxed to hold it in ;)

Henry is certainly making himself feel completely at home isn't he

Yep, she's definitely feeling relaxed and safe. Willow is 10 months old now and it's only this year since we got Herb that I've seen her flopped out in the run. She would bun loaf with her front paws stuck out before that. Of course, she may have flopped in the shed where we couldn't see her. I take it to mean that she's content living with Herb now and I love seeing their little white tummies.
I love that Henry is so confident on the stairs. I really ought to seriously consider getting rid of hubby so I can have house bunnies,

7:30am this morning and 'Hillian' are in the living room whilst I get ready for work. I happened to check on the pair of them as they were quiet and.......

W7nQpqc.jpg

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time Lillian has had a bunny flop. She is absolutely zonko. Goodness knows what she is dreaming of but she seems quite content about things. My understanding is that bunny flops mean contentment - so I hope this is the case with Lillian.
BTW, does anyone think she's got a bit of a tummy? She does like her food but I'm hoping she's not too weighty.
Oh, and an update on Henry and the stairs. The answer to the question "how long does it take a nethie to climb 14 stairs?" is 2 seconds. He's now incorporated a 'check' upstairs into his evening routine. He's getting very confident about this.
Lillian is still very wary of us humans and hates any form of human contact. Something else to work on....

Craig this is lovely to see. Lillian has finally 'come home' :love:

Regards her tummy - when a rabbit is flopped on to her side it's impossible to judge as everything kind of flattens out and relaxes. She doesn't look overweight to me, but the best judge is when she's up and about. I guess you could keep an eye on her weight at intervals, but with all that exercise in the garden she's probably well fit. Does she follow Henry upstairs yet? :)

So cute, I love it when ours do this. Blossom is particularly good at it and will literally throw herself onto her side and zonk out :). Her little tail is like a sensor though and if she senses you nearby, it goes up and then she jumps up and will run over to see if you have food :lol: x

:shock: You can't go posting her belly on a public forum & ask if her belly is too big :lol: No wonder she rarely flops.

In all seriousness she looks very relaxed & appears to have the perfect figure:love:

It's lovely to see her looking so relaxed and yes I would watch her weight, or rather watch her intake. :)

:shock: You can't go posting her belly on a public forum & ask if her belly is too big :lol: No wonder she rarely flops.

In all seriousness she looks very relaxed & appears to have the perfect figure:love:

Joey & Boo - this is exactly my kind of humour - I love it:) And thank you for your kind observations. She does seem relaxed - just have to work on her human skills.

Craig this is lovely to see. Lillian has finally 'come home' :love:

Regards her tummy - when a rabbit is flopped on to her side it's impossible to judge as everything kind of flattens out and relaxes. She doesn't look overweight to me, but the best judge is when she's up and about. I guess you could keep an eye on her weight at intervals, but with all that exercise in the garden she's probably well fit. Does she follow Henry upstairs yet? :)

Thank you MM. She doesn't follow Henry upstairs. It's quite an odd dynamic. Henry is an extremely confident bun and isn't afraid. He know what he wants and he's now discovered a whole new world which he has incorporated into his routine. Lillian is still a very anxious wary bun despite us showing nothing but love towards her every single day. Poor girl must have had some terrible memories and I wish I could make those go away for her and for her to trust us. She follows Henry about but she also gives him space. Venturing out from the living room is a step too far for Lillian at the moment. She's happy with the routine she has and loves being outside. She's sort of getting into a bed time routine when it's time to come in. She comes down on her own between 7 & 7:30pm and plonks hersefl on the patio and then pops in for some noms. Then, knowing it's time for bed, she decideds to run about outside. It's a long process with Lillian but comforting to see her feeling relaxed enough to flop.

Thank you MM. She doesn't follow Henry upstairs. It's quite an odd dynamic. Henry is an extremely confident bun and isn't afraid. He know what he wants and he's now discovered a whole new world which he has incorporated into his routine. Lillian is still a very anxious wary bun despite us showing nothing but love towards her every single day. Poor girl must have had some terrible memories and I wish I could make those go away for her and for her to trust us. She follows Henry about but she also gives him space. Venturing out from the living room is a step too far for Lillian at the moment. She's happy with the routine she has and loves being outside. She's sort of getting into a bed time routine when it's time to come in. She comes down on her own between 7 & 7:30pm and plonks hersefl on the patio and then pops in for some noms. Then, knowing it's time for bed, she decideds to run about outside. It's a long process with Lillian but comforting to see her feeling relaxed enough to flop.

I have a bun like that, picked up as a stray by the R.S.P.C.A. He was only about 4 months old when they found him, teeth overgrown and vastly underweight. I don't think he'd had a happy experience of humans as when I went to see him he ran away immediately! So of course I took him, as with his health problems and non-human attitude (and being jet black) he wouldn't have had much chance of a home.

He's now with three other buns, is free range 24/7 with everything his heart can desire. And yes, he does the most wonderful flops! So for me that's bunny Nirvana and I am privileged I can provide it for him :love:

Back