• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Boarder - Ely/Cambridge

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I wasn't sure where to put this... thought here would be a good place.

I just want to highly praise my Bunny Boarder. She's amazing.
Such a caring person with a real love for the bunnies and she always trying to improve her knowledge. I trust her completely with my buns.

She's just getting her new accommodation built - temperature controlled shed with attached aviaries. Beautiful size, (around 50 to 60sqft at a guess - maybe more). (Just left my girls there and it's looking stunning)

Sadly, she's having a lot of people say it's too big & that rabbits don't need that much space meaning she loses a lot of custom to a boarder down the road who keeps the rabbits in hutches & moves them out into runs for the day. (She'll often transfer rabbits between runs without disinfection etc).

I've reassured my boarder she's doing the right thing providing minimum sizes, and educating any clients who come to her. She's doing an amazing job and it's lovely to meet someone willing to learn and take on advice & info.

http://www.bunnyboarders.biz/

(Only has pictures of her old set up, but hopefully new ones will be there soon)

She really is amazing, and if you're looking for someone to board buns, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, chickens etc I can highly recommend Linda.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure where to put this... thought here would be a good place.

I just want to highly praise my Bunny Boarder. She's amazing.
Such a caring person with a real love for the bunnies and she always trying to improve her knowledge. I trust her completely with my buns.

She's just getting her new accommodation built - temperature controlled shed with attached aviaries. Beautiful size, (around 50 to 60sqft at a guess - maybe more). (Just left my girls there and it's looking stunning)

Sadly, she's having a lot of people say it's too big & that rabbits don't need that much space meaning she loses a lot of custom to a boarder down the road who keeps the rabbits in hutches & moves them out into runs for the day. (She'll often transfer rabbits between runs without disinfection etc).

I've reassured my boarder she's doing the right thing providing minimum sizes, and educating any clients who come to her. She's doing an amazing job and it's lovely to meet someone willing to learn and take on advice & info.

http://www.bunnyboarders.biz/

(Only has pictures of her old set up, but hopefully new ones will be there soon)

She really is amazing, and if you're looking for someone to board buns, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, chickens etc I can highly recommend Linda.

Thanks dp :D

I know you've given me her details previously, but it's good that you spread the word around.

When will the new shed be ready?

Were your girls both OK and back to full health? :D

Thanks dp :D

I know you've given me her details previously, but it's good that you spread the word around.

When will the new shed be ready?

Were your girls both OK and back to full health? :D
She's got the sheds ready so able to board still, the attaching aviaries should be finished by April weather permitting (Although her husband was making the walls in the rain while we are there). Each aviary has a small wall before the fencing is put in place so buns can't directly see each other :)

The girls are okay. Daphne still has her heart murmur and Phoebe is currently between dentals, but both were happy. Phoebe absolutely loves it there & Daphne is a grumpy girl so was stomping for the first half hour (but she also secretly loves it there). Linda knows their personalities so doesn't worry too much with Daphne being a grumpy girl.

She's got the sheds ready so able to board still, the attaching aviaries should be finished by April weather permitting (Although her husband was making the walls in the rain while we are there). Each aviary has a small wall before the fencing is put in place so buns can't directly see each other :)

The girls are okay. Daphne still has her heart murmur and Phoebe is currently between dentals, but both were happy. Phoebe absolutely loves it there & Daphne is a grumpy girl so was stomping for the first half hour (but she also secretly loves it there). Linda knows their personalities so doesn't worry too much with Daphne being a grumpy girl.

I shall certainly bear Linda in mind if my journeys take me in her direction (or even if they don't!). It would be nice for them to have lots of space - I can't understand anyone not wanting their rabbits to have the very best. Perhaps she puts the people to shame with how well she looks after them! :)

Glad to hear the girls are OK :)

How was your holiday?

I shall certainly bear Linda in mind if my journeys take me in her direction (or even if they don't!). It would be nice for them to have lots of space - I can't understand anyone not wanting their rabbits to have the very best. Perhaps she puts the people to shame with how well she looks after them! :)

Glad to hear the girls are OK :)

How was your holiday?
Not been yet. Getting ready soon - dropped the girls off early to allow time to sort the house and other animals.

I shall ask her permission to get some pics of the new set up to share on here.

Not been yet. Getting ready soon - dropped the girls off early to allow time to sort the house and other animals.

I shall ask her permission to get some pics of the new set up to share on here.

Oh right :)

Who's looking after your other animals?

I hope you have a lovely time. Having someone you trust to look after your pets is great, and the fact that she is improving her already good facilities is great:thumb:

She does look very good. The website is nicely worded too :) It's so reassuring to find somewhere where the rabbits are happy.

I'm pleased that both girlies are reasonably well. It's also nice of your Mum to come over for the other animals.

I think it's tomorrow that you said you were going on holiday, so I hope you have a really wonderful time :)

I hope you have a lovely time. Having someone you trust to look after your pets is great, and the fact that she is improving her already good facilities is great:thumb:

She does look very good. The website is nicely worded too :) It's so reassuring to find somewhere where the rabbits are happy.

I'm pleased that both girlies are reasonably well. It's also nice of your Mum to come over for the other animals.

I think it's tomorrow that you said you were going on holiday, so I hope you have a really wonderful time :)
Thank you both. We are meant to go tomorrow but I may not go after all... I'm getting too stressed packing as I don't like going away so OH may go by himself and I'll enjoy a week at home without pets to worry about.

Omi - not sure my mum would travel up here each day for the hamsters etc. We drop them at hers over an hour away and they live in my old bedroom while we're away.
She's also offered to have the rabbits if we purchase an outdoor hutch/run that she can also use for my sisters piggies.

Thank you both. We are meant to go tomorrow but I may not go after all... I'm getting too stressed packing as I don't like going away so OH may go by himself and I'll enjoy a week at home without pets to worry about.

Omi - not sure my mum would travel up here each day for the hamsters etc. We drop them at hers over an hour away and they live in my old bedroom while we're away.
She's also offered to have the rabbits if we purchase an outdoor hutch/run that she can also use for my sisters piggies.

I really hope you do go away, a nice break might do you good xx

I really hope you do go away, a nice break might do you good xx
Been here for 4 hors and already had enough of his mum - I want to go home now. Next time any of his family visits he can do himself... they just put me in a terrible mood when I have to be with them.

I have used Linda once on your recommendation DaphnePhoebe & she was great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad you liked her :)
Hopefully you will use her again in the future with her new set up - it's fab.

Been here for 4 hors and already had enough of his mum - I want to go home now. Next time any of his family visits he can do himself... they just put me in a terrible mood when I have to be with them.

Ah, I didn't know you were visiting his mum! I think I'd rather stay at home rather than having to stay with my mother in law :lol:

Ah, I didn't know you were visiting his mum! I think I'd rather stay at home rather than having to stay with my mother in law [emoji38]
In future it's definitely him going alone... least when we visit my parents it's just for a day... I'm stuck here for a week.

I will make a point of going via her way to get the benefit of boarding with her, without having to take the buns with me.

Will she have room for four in the same housing? :)

If only she was closer! 1hr15 is a bit far for us :( but I'm currently paying the vets £20 a day for their boarding so I'd much rather pay £5 a day...

I will make a point of going via her way to get the benefit of boarding with her, without having to take the buns with me.

Will she have room for four in the same housing? :)
I'm sure she'd find a solution for you.
Such as use two end enclosures, block off the hallway to other encloses and leave their two open so they can pass between the two using the hallway.

Back