• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching a water bottle to a shed...

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
So we have a big water bottle (1.1L) for Benji. The trouble is, the water bottle only came with the thin white metal wire which is flimsy at best.

We have a shed and would love to attach the water bottle to the wood. Hilariously, Pets At Home attach all of their big water bottles using a metal bracket which attach to the top and bottom of the bottle and are nailed into the wall - when I asked it turned out that they didn't sell them, and advised me to "try Google". Thanks, PAH. :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
How about a metal plant pot holder, with some sort of plant pot you could put a hole in and place the bottle in that? x

you can get these
345747_lw_green_flaschenhalter2_0.jpg

or you can make a bottle holder. We made one for ours out of a couple of bits of wood, some screws and bungee cords.
bottlebowl-1.jpg

I know some people also use bike bottle holders for the regular bottles.

I think there are also some people on ebay who make bottle holders for sheds.

ETA: ebay link

I use this a bike bottle holder from wilkinsons, £2. Wilko Cycle Bottle Cage Black Steel - (0258252)
If you have a shop near you you can get it delivered to the shop for free.

This! Have you a specific reason for using a bottle rather than a bowl? In most cases rabbits will drink more if they have a bowl and therefore is a much healthier option.

I tried my pair with a bowl after I started using one for Heidi as she wouldn't drink from a bottle, but my other pair preferred the bottle and mostly ignored the bowl :roll: Dash soon got used a bowl tho when he was paired with Heidi :thumb: but my other pair still have bottles! It's worth a try but not all bunnies will take to it even tho it is more natural!

I tried my pair with a bowl after I started using one for Heidi as she wouldn't drink from a bottle, but my other pair preferred the bottle and mostly ignored the bowl :roll: Dash soon got used a bowl tho when he was paired with Heidi :thumb: but my other pair still have bottles! It's worth a try but not all bunnies will take to it even tho it is more natural!

I've never found that bunnies need to learn from others regarding using a bowl though I do wonder if they were to go from bowl to bottle if it would be harder to get them to adapt. It's been my experience with 20+ bunnies that they've all taken to drinking from a bowl really quickly. Having got a rabbit who has had ongoing health issues associated with bladder sludge, which can be exacerbated by not drinking enough, and then the studies that have shown they drink more with bowls, there's no way I'd supply water in a bottle rather than a bowl without a very strong reason.

I will take some pics of mine and post them later on, I use a piece of chicken wire and we have the largest bottle you can buy.

It's actually more of a space saver. Benji does currently drink out of a bowl no problem, we just thought once he is outside we could attach a bottle somehow, but it's really no problem.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I'll get my OH to see what he can do. :lol:

Back