• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Susan's causing panic

I remember when we adopted Boo they said she had been spayed a good few months earlier. I assumed they got it wrong as she had obvious (clean & healed) scar & a baldy tummy. Maybe it just takes a long time to regrow - maybe its white bunnies? My Noodle had her face shaved alot & I remember different coloured fur grew back at different rates but I can't remember which colour was faster
My white buns fur grew back very quickly from their spays it's probably just dependant on the bun, Clementines fur took far longer to regrow :) I called her chicken legs for weeks and weeks and have so many pictures of her flopped with a bald belly [emoji38][emoji38]

Clementine has a massive dewlap, it is ridiculous [emoji38]

White buns don't really have them though, again I think it varies? Idk though I wouldn't worry about either thing, she's gorgeous :D

Also wonder if after having kits... Maybe it just stays there? Who knows!

I think it seems to depend on the time of year and when the coat is growing. Fern hasn’t shown any sign of moulting since we got her mid December, despite coming inside.

I think it seems to depend on the time of year and when the coat is growing. Fern hasn’t shown any sign of moulting since we got her mid December, despite coming inside.
Whereas my white buns that I had to bring in... Are moulting like mad... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Whereas my white buns that I had to bring in... Are moulting like mad... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Yes, Frosty is too! He looks very tufty atm :lol: he had his VHD2 vaccine the other day and I think me and the vet had more of his hair on us than he did :lol:

Yes, Frosty is too! He looks very tufty atm [emoji38] he had his VHD2 vaccine the other day and I think me and the vet had more of his hair on us than he did [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Yea my issue is Apricot has always been very cuddly, so now all my clothes are covered in a thick layer of white hair [emoji38] it's like having a dog again. Other buns like pets and sometimes jump on my leg... But Apricot is all about the snuggles and laying on me and being stroked, she's too cute to refuse.. So I'm basically a white bun now [emoji38]

Thanks guys, Susan also has rolls at the top of her back legs too. Love the double chin reference Pets Mum but this is one huge chin I dont think she could lift a double one, :lol:

Which whilst I am on the subject does anyone else have a rabbit with a meat identity ring on, I know they can not be taken off without an anaesthetic but I am worried about it impeding her movement?

IMG_20190129_223026[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

As you know, my rabbit had a ring on. Do you think it's impeding her movement?

Thank you Omi, Susan had over 100 babies and hasnt yet moulted with us. Thank you

Sometimes you'll find the fur takes ages to grow back, and occasionally it's affected by the time of year of the shaving.
She had over 100 babies :(. I have a rabbit that has probably had that many babies too :(

Sometimes you'll find the fur takes ages to grow back, and occasionally it's affected by the time of year of the shaving.
She had over 100 babies :(. I have a rabbit that has probably had that many babies too :(

Sad isnt it, she must be desperate for proper love from another bunny having put all that effort into babies that were ripped away from her - makes me even sadder that dillon is being a gggrrrr

Snowy's tummy fur didn't grow back for a year after we had her spayed :shock:

Thank you, I have a cat that's spay site only ever got a downy fluzz covering rather than a full fur growth so knew this could happen in cats but thought rabbits would need to regrow asap for warmth.

So it is natural, I thought the dewlap was for producing fur for nesting. I will try and get a photo of her's as it is huge. Does Mouse really have one too?

The dewlap is where food is stored I believe. Being a "meat" rabbit she would have been overfed and having lots of babies they would have given her too much food for this as well.

The dewlap is where food is stored I believe. Being a "meat" rabbit she would have been overfed and having lots of babies they would have given her too much food for this as well.

That makes me sad, I hope we can eventually give her a home, a husbun and zooming space she deserves.

Back