• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mans urine does work to keep fox's away

angieb

Mama Doe
When we moved into our house we had a fox that visited every night......We used to watch it running around the garden with a nieghbours cat (i think they were trying to claim the teretory)

Anyway i got the rabbits in april and was really worried about them.........At first i kept them in our outbuildings at the top of the garden for security. Our garden is very large and the rabbits seemed too far away.

I went on the internet to see what fox's could manage to get through and i read somewhere that mans urine stops them coming. :? Anyway i asked my OH to wee in the garden and he thought id gone mad :oops::lol:
He did and then after about 4 months of no fox coming i got some fox proof chicken runs and brought them down to just outside our back door.

They seem happier and i am happier :)......... so my point is the urine mith does work. Hopefully the fox has moved on as before i had rabbits i enjoyed watching it but now it can stay away.:D

Of course i still make him wee out there every now and then.:oops:

Ha ha, love it. I'd read dogs' urine worked as a deterrent but not mans'. Just as weel reaaly because I don't think hubby would be as obligong as my two dogs.

Dogs wee didn't work as we have 4 dogs and that didnt bother the cheeky fox as they used to go mad when they saw it and it used to look as if to say "your behind glass and can't get to me." But if it saw us it scarpered........So it must be the mans wee that works.......:oops::lol:

Presumably the man can do the deed in something and then scatter it around the garden? Helps a bit with the neighbour-shock factor! :lol:

Womens urine doesn't work apparently. I know an older lady that keeps geese, chickens and so on she tried placing her own urine around the borders but it had no effect whatsoever. She still lost several geese to a fox sadly.

:lol::lol::lol: that is so funny, i can just see you pushing ur o/h out in the freezing cold and shouting at him to pee in the garden!! love it!! I will have to try this as something is visiting us as the dogs go mad around 3am in the morning about once a week. Worth a try.

Womens urine doesn't work apparently. I know an older lady that keeps geese, chickens and so on she tried placing her own urine around the borders but it had no effect whatsoever. She still lost several geese to a fox sadly.

Ah bless sorry to hear this...........:(

On a brighter note this has given me a good idea for singal women........I will bottle some and sell it on ebay!!!!! :lol::lol: Whoever buys it will never know.......:shock::lol:

Ah bless sorry to hear this...........:(

On a brighter note this has given me a good idea for singal women........I will bottle some and sell it on ebay!!!!! :lol::lol: Whoever buys it will never know.......:shock::lol:

you could do a home service and send him to peoples houses :lol: make a fortune!!

I have found one of these to do the jod with foxes, its good for the wild rabbits we get here with Mixy, hence my user name, they are the only rabbits that should be shot. I hate seeing them with thier eyes all swollen and sore.
I bring out my "equaliser" Domestic bunnies always come through with the "Equaliser" on the crew.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/TRWOutlaw/HPIM1776.jpg

The red thing is the filter, it helps you see them at night without hurting thier eyes.

Tony

Well he does drink a few cans of lager most nights so i dont want to rock the boat as maybe thats what the fox's dont like!!!
Obviosly i wont tell him this as then he would have the perfect excuse to get pi**ed all the time.:)

I have found one of these to do the jod with foxes, its good for the wild rabbits we get here with Mixy, hence my user name, they are the only rabbits that should be shot. I hate seeing them with thier eyes all swollen and sore.
I bring out my "equaliser" Domestic bunnies always come through with the "Equaliser" on the crew.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/TRWOutlaw/HPIM1776.jpg

The red thing is the filter, it helps you see them at night without hurting thier eyes.

Tony

what is it, some sort of gun?? what is a equaliser? is it painfull?

It is very quick 1450 feet per second. Made by a company called Browning.
I use it for clay shooting mostly but a quick pop in the air does for those nasty predators.

Tony

Back