• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diy help for novice photo added

lucy24

Mama Doe
I'm trying to find a way of attaching Sutter's to my hutch but my brain has come to a halt ....

Could someone please help explain??? I've got plywood but that's as far asmy poor baby brain has got

Last edited:
2sbacd0.jpg

I'll try to explain how I would do it....

The inside edge of the wood around the mesh - cut the ply so it'll fit inside where the mesh is.
You could either use bolts, or the same twist latches you have on the cage atm to hold it in place.
Drill a few holes to allow air flow.

Another way, cut the ply so it's just bigger than the mesh section, use hinges at the top to attach it and use a batton to hold the shutters open. (could do hinges at side etc).
Bolt or twist latches to hold it shut.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'll try to explain how I would do it....

The inside edge of the wood around the mesh - cut the ply so it'll fit inside where the mesh is.
You could either use bolts, or the same twist latches you have on the cage atm to hold it in place.
Drill a few holes to allow air flow.

This is how I would do it too :thumb:

Back