• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Susan's causing panic

Hehe good girl Susan - keep em on their toes! Wait till he finds the wee wee

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Having never had a girl before, will her dewlap go away? I know she had over 100 babies for the meat trade but that mound under her chin is mahoosive.

Mouseys is down to her knee caps. When she lays down for a load my Mum & Dad take the pee & have nick-named her hovercraft bunny.

If she is not overweight (& she looks perfect to me) her dewlap is probably here to stay. I think its part of Susan's charm

Mouseys is down to her knee caps. When she lays down for a load my Mum & Dad take the pee & have nick-named her hovercraft bunny.

If she is not overweight (& she looks perfect to me) her dewlap is probably here to stay. I think its part of Susan's charm

So it is natural, I thought the dewlap was for producing fur for nesting. I will try and get a photo of her's as it is huge. Does Mouse really have one too?

So it is natural, I thought the dewlap was for producing fur for nesting. I will try and get a photo of her's as it is huge. Does Mouse really have one too?

check out my signature! I showed Bob Susan's & he said thats nowt on our mousey's (who is not known to have had babies in her first life but who knows). FHB sais Mouseys is about the breed. Lots of excess skin for fur :(

Thanks guys, Susan also has rolls at the top of her back legs too. Love the double chin reference Pets Mum but this is one huge chin I dont think she could lift a double one, :lol:

Which whilst I am on the subject does anyone else have a rabbit with a meat identity ring on, I know they can not be taken off without an anaesthetic but I am worried about it impeding her movement?

IMG_20190129_223026[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not rolls but a bumskirt, that's what Aboleth's got. It's like her dewlap's actually round her backside as she doesn't have one at the front (Lopsy's got more of one! :lol: Poor dude). You can see it in my signature pic. it's superfluffy at the moment and I pulled some loose fluff out of it yesterday (Aboleth wasn't best pleased!).

Not rolls but a bumskirt, that's what Aboleth's got. It's like her dewlap's actually round her backside as she doesn't have one at the front (Lopsy's got more of one! :lol: Poor dude). You can see it in my signature pic. it's superfluffy at the moment and I pulled some loose fluff out of it yesterday (Aboleth wasn't best pleased!).

Nawww Aboleth :love:

Another question please.

Susan was spayed by the RSPCA at the end of November. She has zero hair regrowth on her tummy, is this usual?

Just to add, Tui also has a dewlap. I've no idea why, as she is not overweight, was spayed at the earliest possible time and has not had babies.

Perhaps the regrowth of the fur over the scar will wait until she next moults.

Just to add, Tui also has a dewlap. I've no idea why, as she is not overweight, was spayed at the earliest possible time and has not had babies.

Perhaps the regrowth of the fur over the scar will wait until she next moults.

Thank you Omi, Susan had over 100 babies and hasnt yet moulted with us. Thank you

I remember when we adopted Boo they said she had been spayed a good few months earlier. I assumed they got it wrong as she had obvious (clean & healed) scar & a baldy tummy. Maybe it just takes a long time to regrow - maybe its white bunnies? My Noodle had her face shaved alot & I remember different coloured fur grew back at different rates but I can't remember which colour was faster

Back