• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baytril

Den

Mama Doe
Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

Thanks in anticipation.

I found mixing baytril with banana worked really well for one of my bridge bunnies. He absolutely hated being handled, couldn't even stroke him. So rather than stressing him out by picking him up and syringe feeding I put a little bit of mashed banana on a little dish mixed with the baytril and he would lap it all up himself! I figured either banana does a brilliant job of disguising the taste or he actually liked baytril!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

Thanks in anticipation.

I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit :)

Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good ;)

I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit :)

Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good ;)

Nancy doesn't like strawberries but loves bananas so I'll see if I can find a banana baby food puree in Tesco after work.:wave:

Back