• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert -19th May U/D-Its CANCER.......

Poor Uncle Albert.He does seem a fighter though and he is certainly comfortable there tucking into his dinner.
Hugs to you both.

Jane, I am so sorry :cry: but amazed at his will to live :!: Whatever help you all need, just type. I hope you can get plenty of your excellent photos so you will have a record of a bunny life lived to the full. There are hopefully some time, however short of love and snuggles yet.

Adam.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this news, poor Uncle Albert. Give him lots of snuggles from me and tell him what a brave man he is! Ur doing a brill job Jane :D

Nicola x

Thinking of you and Uncle Albert at this time. He is a fighter Jane, and Jack is watching over you both. Hang on strong and you will make it though.

xxx

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. But he's obviously a fighter, he just keeps kicking back. Stay strong Uncle A. Sending nose rubs, hugs and positive thoughts to the both of you.

Thank you everyone!!
Uncle A is very bright this morning and has even started to show his 'affection' to Cerys in the time honoured Dirty Bertie fashion :roll: :roll: We are even getting some Bertie-Buzzes again :D :D

Janex

i am sorry about the news jane, but glad he has managed to pull through so far.

still thinking of you both

debbie. :)

Oh Jane,
I`m soooooo sorry about the bad news, (sorry, haven`t had a chance to reply to your email).
But i`m glad to hear he`s feeling more himself this morning and am sending you both <<BIG HUGS>>

Su.x

So sorry to hear it's cancer. :( Hopefully he'll have a decent amount of time left with you and at least he's going to get tonnes of snuggles from you!! :D

AMETHYST

Be strong Uncle Albert,we all care so much how your doing (and your special Mum too) Keep us posted on how he is.Your so brave Jane,I've been a wreck and Gabbie only went in to have her teeth done.I admire you so much,you're a star.

I just caught up with this post. Poor Uncle Albert, what a lot you've both been through, but he really is a fighter, he obviously wants to stay with you for as long as possible. Sending healing n hugs to you both. xxxxxx

Jane: So i have finished off reading this 12 pages, can I ask a few questions:

1) when Uncle Albert passed out, what procedure did you use? did you just put Hartmanns sub- Q or is there something more you have done, other than Hartmanns + heating pad?

2) How old was Uncle Albert? And how long did he live after the surgery?

A friend of mine in France has a cat, that has the same exact type of cancer, that cat lives 2 yr. w/o any problems. The cat has some small amt. of satellite tumor that comes back almost right away. Then another 3 mth. later, the tumor re-grow, burst, and the cat eventually passed away

Jane: So i have finished off reading this 12 pages, can I ask a few questions:

1) when Uncle Albert passed out, what procedure did you use? did you just put Hartmanns sub- Q or is there something more you have done, other than Hartmanns + heating pad?

2) How old was Uncle Albert? And how long did he live after the surgery?

A friend of mine in France has a cat, that has the same exact type of cancer, that cat lives 2 yr. w/o any problems. The cat has some small amt. of satellite tumor that comes back almost right away. Then another 3 mth. later, the tumor re-grow, burst, and the cat eventually passed away

The fluids (Hartmanns) were given SQ and he was kept warm with heat pads wrapped in a towel.

He passed away on 21st September 2006 at the age of about 11. This is his Rainbow Bridge thread and I have given details of his health problems in my OP on there

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ageous-Wise-Old-Rabbit&highlight=uncle+albert

I just finished off reading it. Very heart warming story. That w/ those health problems, you manage to restore him back to health and give him 4 great year of life. You're a fantastic bunny mom

Back