• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pixie and daisy have fell out UD IVE FOUND BABIES

yeah she is. They both seem calm now they are separate. Its a waiting game now to see if they get fed and survive. How the hell has Bleu got her pregnant at 12 weeks old. Well the so called, large breeds mature later isnt very true. I still dont believe its him yet, im going to check them both again in the morning, i might be calmer then. I dont think i would have got away with having a male and female living together for so long without babies though. This is the argument that im having with myself all day. And how has she give birth and carried babies from a french lop if they are his.

Wow WS, you seem to have an ever expanding bunny family :shock:

So if they are Bleu's babies, that would explain the bust up between Pixie and Daisy?

But yes, how to find out who's babies they are. I am thinking that the mum would look different underneath and have swollen nipples? Worth looking at both girls to see if there's any evidence of that or fur pulling from dewlap etc.

http://rabbit.org/domestic-baby-bunnies-and-their-mom/

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327923-Accidental-Litters-and-Taking-on-Babies

I guess you could also risk putting Pixie and Daisy in with the babies and see who goes to feed them? The non-mother shouldn't care about the babies

Good luck :)

i tried that lol.. none of them seem bothered about them. Ive been in and out of there for days and none of them have bothered with me being in the shed. Its so strange. Pixie does seem slimmer.

yeah she is. They both seem calm now they are separate. Its a waiting game now to see if they get fed and survive. How the hell has Bleu got her pregnant at 12 weeks old. Well the so called, large breeds mature later isnt very true. I still dont believe its him yet, im going to check them both again in the morning, i might be calmer then. I dont think i would have got away with having a male and female living together for so long without babies though. This is the argument that im having with myself all day. And how has she give birth and carried babies from a french lop if they are his.

Well I have to say this is a conundrum :shock:

How she carried and gave birth to those babies is amazing, if they are his. And can they be anyone else's?

Can you get *anyone* in the family to shed any serious light on this matter?
That's the least you deserve given the pieces you'll be picking up ...

I am going to check daisy again tomorrow when im calmer but after willow and squiggles got sold to me missexed i got a bit obsessive about identifying the differences. I knew what sex the 6 babies was by 3 weeks old i had watched that many videos and looked at so many images. I was shaking like a leaf when i was checking her though lol.. There isnt any entire males at all here now since having bleu neutered nearly 2 weeks ago.
My husband has swore he hasnt let the girls out when blue is out. The thing is it looked like the girls hated everyone, obviously not enough lol.. We wouldnt have chanced the girls hurting bleu so its got to be my daughter jess (15) or ben (12) which im more inclined to suspect with him keep saying bleu needed a wifebun. He is not owning up yet though.

I was watching this thread and the update made my eyes almost pop out my head! Haha, can't offer advice but I hope all goes well :)

probably what i looked like when i was dragging all the hay out of the carrier and found the babies. I screamed at first thinking it was mice lol.. I think i would have preferred mice.

Oh my goodness, what a shock :shock:

I really hope you can find out who the mother is. And of course who the father is!

If it is one of your children who has let Bleu in with them, I bet they feel very guilty now.

I am going to check daisy again tomorrow when im calmer but after willow and squiggles got sold to me missexed i got a bit obsessive about identifying the differences. I knew what sex the 6 babies was by 3 weeks old i had watched that many videos and looked at so many images. I was shaking like a leaf when i was checking her though lol.. There isnt any entire males at all here now since having bleu neutered nearly 2 weeks ago.
My husband has swore he hasnt let the girls out when blue is out. The thing is it looked like the girls hated everyone, obviously not enough lol.. We wouldnt have chanced the girls hurting bleu so its got to be my daughter jess (15) or ben (12) which im more inclined to suspect with him keep saying bleu needed a wifebun. He is not owning up yet though.

I'm not sure whether to offer congratulations or commiserations!

W&S maybe signing a contact saying you won't kill whoever put the buns together would encourage them to come forward ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

W&S maybe signing a contact saying you won't kill whoever put the buns together would encourage them to come forward ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well I was thinking along the lines of a reward for anyone with information, but I thought that might encourage a few embroideries just to get the reward and so might be counter-productive :lol:

Seriously, I am sorry this has happened WS :(

Omg :shock: I didn't expect this update. Are you sure that Pixie and Daisy are both girls?

Hugs xx

Oh gosh what a shock! :( Bad enough to think a bonded pair have fallen out but this? I sympathize with you, w & s. :(

Kids sometimes. :roll:

When I still lived in Alaska, I'd had to take Fiver, my ten year old minirex, to his vet for something minor and during the exam he asked me if I was sure he was a boy. :shock: Fiver's man bits were so small and formed in such a way as even the vet was questioning. However when Fiver needed a bladder stone removed then all doubt disappeared as the stone had lodged in the top of the urethra and everything 'down there' was distended terribly. Took a bit of tugging to get the stone out, my poor bub. :(

I'm kinda putting my money on one of the girls being male...no reflection on your research. I think the smaller the bits are the more difficult identifying them becomes.

At any rate, what's done is done and I hope things can be settled and sorted soon. Are the babies being fed by somebun or are they being cared for by you? Hopefully someone claims responsibility soon for the...erm...error in judgement. (As an aside, I still have a problem with my 27 year old son who insists we should put our two remaining cats together in a room and let them settle their hierarchy problems with an all out drag out. :shock: Not happening. :roll: )

lol... some good suggestions there. Ive checked both buns again. Daisy is 100% a girl, and pixie does seem fuller with milk than yesterday. Ive had a proper look at the babies while i was calmer and i think bleu is definitely the culprit. There is 3 greyish babies with white in the ears and 2 creamy looking ones. One of the grey ones is huge and fat and the rest are long and thin compared to the fat one. They dont look wrinkled on the tummy so im guessing they have been fed. I dont know how long it would be before i would know that they wasnt being fed but comparing what squiggles babies were like they dont look too disimilar.

lol... some good suggestions there. Ive checked both buns again. Daisy is 100% a girl, and pixie does seem fuller with milk than yesterday. Ive had a proper look at the babies while i was calmer and i think bleu is definitely the culprit. There is 3 greyish babies with white in the ears and 2 creamy looking ones. One of the grey ones is huge and fat and the rest are long and thin compared to the fat one. They dont look wrinkled on the tummy so im guessing they have been fed. I dont know how long it would be before i would know that they wasnt being fed but comparing what squiggles babies were like they dont look too disimilar.

Thank goodness you noticed them there. Did you notice them because of moving the carrier when the little ones argued? I guess they may have fallen out because of stress/motherhood??

Wow, W&S, you certainly live in a bunny-themed soap opera! :shock: Best of luck.

The big and the small: wonder how the kits will turn out? Best of luck with them :) And best wishes to you, too!

Back