• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A big thankyou to dollyanna from Barrie and Chibbs!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
dollyanna posted (a while ago now) about the foil-backed blanket her buns use and I was inspired to add radiator backing (foil-covered thin polystyrene sheets) to a cardboard box, along with a layer of insulation blanket (recipe box delivery recycled plastic bottle stuff) and Barrie and Chibbs love using it when it's cold :D It's not perfect, but it was a test run with towels etc., and Barrie's tendency to wee in unusual places (not to say Chibbs is faultless on this point!) means a cardboard box isn't ideal (I removed it today with a soggy front corner from external wee misplacement), but it's definitely an ongoing project :D

That sounds great! :D I'm glad it's working well for them and that they love it. It would be nice if they wouldn't wee on it. :lol:
They're upset that I've put a litter tray in front of the tube into the house because it makes getting into the house harder, but then if they (Barrie) didn't wee all over that area I wouldn't need to! :lol:

Aww, this really made me smile today just when I needed it! B&M have got the beds and mats in again, keep an eye out as they will sell them off towards the end of the season and they go really cheap. I've washed mine a few times now and they come out just fine, which would save you the soggy cardboard issue!!

Aww, this really made me smile today just when I needed it! B&M have got the beds and mats in again, keep an eye out as they will sell them off towards the end of the season and they go really cheap. I've washed mine a few times now and they come out just fine, which would save you the soggy cardboard issue!!
Aw thanks! I'll pop in on my way home tomorrow to see what there is :)

Back