• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Filavac Recall

Worth stressing for anyone who doesn't click through the link that the recall is because of 'incorrect storage in transit' (presumably a failure in the temperature control and it got too warm) and is not therefore a general problem with the vaccine itself.

I've also been told by a knowledgeable bunny savvy RVN that it seems that all the vials in these batches are multi-dose vials, so unlikely to be the ones used by most of us at the vets. Worth checking your vaccination card all the same, just to be on the safe side. Filavac has a 14 month shelf life from manufacture so anything before mid-April should be unaffected.

Phew. thanks for that Santa. I've had my 3 flilavac stickers stuck on my credit card since January - just looked & they are worn out / unreadable - not surprisingly. Hopefully this will lessen worry for most of us who won't have got the multi dose. Hope all buns are ok

If your rabbits have had a filavac vaccine please check your vaccination record and look at the batch/expiry date on the sticker. If your rabbit was vaccinated with a batch from the recall then you might want to get in touch with the vet for advice

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/filavac-vhd-k-cv-product-defect-recall-alert

Batch Expiry Date
060K80412C1A-UK1-2 12/06/2019
060K80412A1C-UK1-2 12/06/2019

Thanks for this DemiS

I'll cross post it on my RHD2 thread for info :thumb:

Ah thanks, just checked mine are okay.

Out of interest what could be done if your pet had, had the badly stored one? Not a lot I'm guessing..?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

If it's part of the recalled batch, I think the assumption would be that it may not be fully effective, so a fresh booster would be given. But anyone affected would need to check with their vet.

If it's part of the recalled batch, I think the assumption would be that it may not be fully effective, so a fresh booster would be given. But anyone affected would need to check with their vet.
Ah yea that makes sense :) I was just curious

Ah thanks, just checked mine are okay.

Out of interest what could be done if your pet had, had the badly stored one? Not a lot I'm guessing..?

I've just checked mine as they were perilously close to the bad batch.
I think the vet would have given them fresh vaccinations :)

I've just checked mine as they were perilously close to the bad batch.
I think the vet would have given them fresh vaccinations :)
Yea I had visions of it being dangerous for some reason not just ineffective haha

Are vets aware of the problem? I have Dennis stickers as i took him to my mums local vet for his jabs. However Maple Syrup Sponge Cake and Tipper Tapper Toby had theirs at anton so I don't have any stickers??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

They should be aware, as product recalls do get sent to all practices ASAP, but I guess if they haven't had time to look at their emails etc they may not see it straight away. I'd ring the vet this morning and check the batch numbers, as they should have those on their system even if you don't have a record.

Last edited:
Are vets aware of the problem? I have Dennis stickers as i took him to my mums local vet for his jabs. However Maple Syrup Sponge Cake and Tipper Tapper Toby had theirs at anton so I don't have any stickers??

Oooh something to ask for in future ..:)

The stickers once solved a mystery because the vet had written the date of vaccination wrong in our case

Oooh something to ask for in future ..:)

The stickers once solved a mystery because the vet had written the date of vaccination wrong in our case
No bunny playground activities until I know for sure

The VMD recall notice has been updated overnight, it now says "It should be noted that some vials of batch number 060K80412C1A-UK-1-2 were part of a different consignment and were not affected. These vials have been released on to the UK market.

Please be assured that all product currently available in the UK market met the quality standards in accordance with the marketing authorisation."

So I guess even if you do find one of this batch number on your vaccination card, there's a good chance it's in part of the unaffected batch (wonder if that means that only one of the wholesalers has been affected)...worth checking, but still this latest update is a little bit more reassuring!

dear Rabbit owners,

I am the General director of FILAVIE Laboratory.

The VMD issued on their website on the 12th of July 2018 a recall for FILAVAC K C+V. This recall was issued after FILAVIE informed the VMD about an incident during transportation leading to incorrect storage requirements of a specific shipment of FILAVAC VHD K C+V. This problem being identified BEFORE the affected products were delivered to UK wholesalers. The defective products were sent back to FILAVIE and destroyed.

The affected shipment contained products from batches 060K80412C1A-UK1-2 and 060K80412A1C-UK1-2. The remaining FILAVAC VHD K C+V in stock at FILAVIE (notably from batch number 060K80412C1A-UK-1-2) that were not part of this shipment, have been delivered normally to UK, without incident.

All the FILAVAC VHD K C+V vaccines currently available on the UK market, as all those that have been used previously, meet the quality standards in accordance with the marketing authorization, and can be used with confidence.

We attach great importance to the quality of our products, from production to transportation. We are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences that may been caused by this incident
We thank our customers for their trust in FILAVAC VHD K C+V that has helped to save many rabbits lives in the UK and will proudly continue to do so.

Thomas PAVIE
General Director

If you want confirmation of this information, please send an email to :

contact.filavie@filavie.com

dear Rabbit owners,

I am the General director of FILAVIE Laboratory.

The VMD issued on their website on the 12th of July 2018 a recall for FILAVAC K C+V. This recall was issued after FILAVIE informed the VMD about an incident during transportation leading to incorrect storage requirements of a specific shipment of FILAVAC VHD K C+V. This problem being identified BEFORE the affected products were delivered to UK wholesalers. The defective products were sent back to FILAVIE and destroyed.

The affected shipment contained products from batches 060K80412C1A-UK1-2 and 060K80412A1C-UK1-2. The remaining FILAVAC VHD K C+V in stock at FILAVIE (notably from batch number 060K80412C1A-UK-1-2) that were not part of this shipment, have been delivered normally to UK, without incident.

All the FILAVAC VHD K C+V vaccines currently available on the UK market, as all those that have been used previously, meet the quality standards in accordance with the marketing authorization, and can be used with confidence.

We attach great importance to the quality of our products, from production to transportation. We are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences that may been caused by this incident
We thank our customers for their trust in FILAVAC VHD K C+V that has helped to save many rabbits lives in the UK and will proudly continue to do so.

Thomas PAVIE
General Director

If you want confirmation of this information, please send an email to :

contact.filavie@filavie.com

This is very reassuring, and is the information posted on the RHD2 Facebook page yesterday https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/ :thumb:

Back