• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay snugabun snuggles

Will do :)

I got a bit more sleep last night which is good as I had a hospital appointment this morning so glad I didn't have to go to it stupidly dead [emoji38] they're still only really on the veggies but Apricot ate some pellets this morning :) which is something x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ah bless :love:

I hope you're OK?

Are your girls sleepy or are they back to their normal selves yet?

Ah bless :love:

I hope you're OK?

Are your girls sleepy or are they back to their normal selves yet?
Okay I've had a horrendous day tbh, they're on Emeprid and tramadol liquid aswell as the other loxicom

Penelope is like asleep, but she keeps chattering and shaking her head.. What does this mean? I'm worried :( she's had the tramadol

Okay I've had a horrendous day tbh, they're on Emeprid and tramadol liquid aswell as the other loxicom

Penelope is like asleep, but she keeps chattering and shaking her head.. What does this mean? I'm worried :( she's had the tramadol

William thought she was in a lot of pain? I'm so sorry.
Has she been doing that all day? It does sound like she's in discomfort...

William thought she was in a lot of pain? I'm so sorry.
Has she been doing that all day? It does sound like she's in discomfort...
No just trying to make them as comfy as possible so they eat - the teeth chattering and twitching is when she's asleep since being given the tramadol...

They were absolutely fine before hand just had high blood glucose so William and Avon suggested tramadol and Emeprid, so they're 100%comfortable etc and to bring blood glucose level down basically. I don't actually think they thought they were in a lot of pain, and they didn't seem in pain prior to the appointment.

I think it's just to be sure, to give them best possible chance to eat alone

Oh gosh, I'm sorry :( It certainly sounds like a reaction to the Tramadol doesn't it? Are they both on it or just Penelope? Would William still be at the practice so you could ring him and ask for advice? I've never used Tramadol, so don't know if some rabbits react to it.

No just trying to make them as comfy as possible so they eat - the teeth chattering and twitching is when she's asleep since being given the tramadol...

They were absolutely fine before hand just had high blood glucose so William and Avon suggested tramadol and Emeprid, so they're 100%comfortable etc and to bring blood glucose level down basically. I don't actually think they thought they were in a lot of pain, and they didn't seem in pain prior to the appointment.

I think it's just to be sure, to give them best possible chance to eat alone

Hopefully all will be well. Tramadol is reasonably well tolerated in rabbits. Perhaps they had high blood glucose because of the stress of the journey? Did he say how high it was? Both of them?

I'm surprised they had Tramadol if the were not thought to be in a lot of pain. Metacam usually suffices :)

Oh gosh, I'm sorry :( It certainly sounds like a reaction to the Tramadol doesn't it? Are they both on it or just Penelope? Would William still be at the practice so you could ring him and ask for advice? I've never used Tramadol, so don't know if some rabbits react to it.

Yea I'm thinking it is a reaction, they're both on it. She's perked up a bit now after her nap so I'm hoping it'll be okay x

Hopefully all will be well. Tramadol is reasonably well tolerated in rabbits. Perhaps they had high blood glucose because of the stress of the journey? Did he say how high it was? Both of them?

I'm surprised they had Tramadol if the were not thought to be in a lot of pain. Metacam usually suffices :)

Yea Clementine was fine on it before, and Apricot is fine on it now, so I'm guessing it knocks Penelope out a little.

Could've been the stress of the journey I nearly crashed on a country lane that was flooded and tbh I was a mess so probably did then no favours :/ one was 15 the other 13 ish so not dangerously high but not ideal.

Yea I think the thought was they aren't eating maybe the one painkiller isn't enough.. Let's give another one incase they're in pain. Idk though, neither William or Avon said they seemed in pain and I've not noticed they've seemed in pain, they're very active and running around and being naughty, it's just they aren't eating enough tbh.

They're nomming on some forage and readigrass now which is good, hoping it'll just improve as time passes. William said this doesn't seem unusual to him and thinks they'll slowly pick up :) so here's hoping, just cleaned their area so I'll be monitoring output again now.

Yea Clementine was fine on it before, and Apricot is fine on it now, so I'm guessing it knocks Penelope out a little.

Could've been the stress of the journey I nearly crashed on a country lane that was flooded and tbh I was a mess so probably did then no favours :/ one was 15 the other 13 ish so not dangerously high but not ideal.

Yea I think the thought was they aren't eating maybe the one painkiller isn't enough.. Let's give another one incase they're in pain. Idk though, neither William or Avon said they seemed in pain and I've not noticed they've seemed in pain, they're very active and running around and being naughty, it's just they aren't eating enough tbh.

They're nomming on some forage and readigrass now which is good, hoping it'll just improve as time passes. William said this doesn't seem unusual to him and thinks they'll slowly pick up :) so here's hoping, just cleaned their area so I'll be monitoring output again now.

This sounds promising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Luna is on the mend I'll send all the left over vibes to yours, hope they start improving a bit more and tuck into a good meal :) x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Now Luna is on the mend I'll send all the left over vibes to yours, hope they start improving a bit more and tuck into a good meal :) x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Awh thanks, I'm so glad Luna has picked up :D x

I’m sorry you’ve had such a worrying day :cry: I hope they will soon be back to their normal selves soon. Topping up the vibes xx

I’m sorry you’ve had such a worrying day :cry: I hope they will soon be back to their normal selves soon. Topping up the vibes xx
Thanks yea I hope so too, they seem happy in themselves which makes me happy :) xx

Thanks yea I hope so too, they seem happy in themselves which makes me happy :) xx

That’s good, I hope you all have a restful night. And yes, happy bunnies make a happy owner :love:

That’s good, I hope you all have a restful night. And yes, happy bunnies make a happy owner :love:
Thanks :) gotta be up at 4.30 for more tramadol and Emeprid but other than that may only check once or twice, looking forward to sleeping :D

Hoping everything is ok today. I would just like you to know that I enjoy these very large front feetsies
1be39104456e86d2ae31db68eb0e0371.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hoping everything is ok today. I would just like you to know that I enjoy these very large front feetsies
1be39104456e86d2ae31db68eb0e0371.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
[emoji38][emoji38]

I'll let Penelope know [emoji14]

And thanks :) x

Back