• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Rabbits suffer from Stress??

I was really pleased to read this on the BBC. It's showing up at the bottom of a lot of the news pages too :) And links to the RWAF and nothing else :D

I was really pleased to read this on the BBC. It's showing up at the bottom of a lot of the news pages too :) And links to the RWAF and nothing else :D

I am really pleased too :D

Rabbits get such a raw deal, and I really wish they weren't ever bred and sold as pets.
But they are, and deserve a higher profile than they get :D

I just logged in specially to post this! Glad it's doing the rounds - I thought it might be a handy thing to show new rabbit owners to prove that rabbits do have complex needs and that we're not all just making a fuss about nothing ;)

I may print a few of these out. More than once I've seen a lonely imprisoned bunny when out walking & wish I had some literature to pass on. I think this explains things nicely

I get really fed up with people making comments about how spoilt my bunnies are just because they have a reasonable amount of space. Does anyone else get that?

Yes! I get that as well! Showed a photo to the P@H staff of the temporary bonding set up to show them how Dave was doing (got him from their adopt bit), and they commented on how lucky he was to have that, and its half the size of his permanent set up will be.
I don't even care if people think I'm a rabbit nut, telling them minimum requirements etc. Its basic welfare and it's the right thing to do.

I just logged in specially to post this! Glad it's doing the rounds - I thought it might be a handy thing to show new rabbit owners to prove that rabbits do have complex needs and that we're not all just making a fuss about nothing ;)

Thank you clutterydrawer :wave:

Yes, the number of people who say rabbits are 'boring' because they just sit in a hutch all day. Doh :roll: We'd be pretty dull sitting in a small prison year after year with nothing to do and no one to talk with!

I may print a few of these out. More than once I've seen a lonely imprisoned bunny when out walking & wish I had some literature to pass on. I think this explains things nicely

:thumb:

I thought you were going to say you were tempted to break open their little prisons!

I get really fed up with people making comments about how spoilt my bunnies are just because they have a reasonable amount of space. Does anyone else get that?
All the time.
There is another rabbit nut at one of the businesses inside my shop. She's got her buns who are just as well cared for as mine - we're always comparing things and sharing ideas.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

All the time.
There is another rabbit nut at one of the businesses inside my shop. She's got her buns who are just as well cared for as mine - we're always comparing things and sharing ideas.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Absolutely right dp .. Our rabbits are not spoilt, just simply well cared for :)

Thank you clutterydrawer :wave:

Yes, the number of people who say rabbits are 'boring' because they just sit in a hutch all day. Doh :roll: We'd be pretty dull sitting in a small prison year after year with nothing to do and no one to talk with!

This is so true. Cats and dogs are exactly the same if imprisoned in tiny cages; it's not as if they are mega lively, they become subdued and curl up too.

I get this all the time!! When i say i want to make their house look nicer, or buy a newer tube as theirs is looking a bit... wrecked, i get "They have enough, they're spoilt rotten as it is, they dont need half of what you give them!"

The way i see it is they're my babies, although i didnt personally give birth to them.. and i want my babies to have the most amazing life possible!
I'd like for them to live in a massive house, beautifully decorated with enough toys to keep them entertained for hours!
And enough yummy foods to keep them content and never hungry :)

(I do sometimes go overboard on toys - but mainly on events like birthdays! So that's OK!...RIGHT? xD)

I get this all the time!! When i say i want to make their house look nicer, or buy a newer tube as theirs is looking a bit... wrecked, i get "They have enough, they're spoilt rotten as it is, they dont need half of what you give them!"

The way i see it is they're my babies, although i didnt personally give birth to them.. and i want my babies to have the most amazing life possible!
I'd like for them to live in a massive house, beautifully decorated with enough toys to keep them entertained for hours!
And enough yummy foods to keep them content and never hungry :)

(I do sometimes go overboard on toys - but mainly on events like birthdays! So that's OK!...RIGHT? xD)

RIGHT :D

But it was *my* birthday yesterday and you didn't get me any new toys :lol::wave:

So good to see that piece from the BBC. It makes me so angry the way some people keep their bunnies. Like you say ours aren't spoilt just cared for properly!

Back