• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New friend or not?

Ponymad21

Warren Scout
I lost my first rabbit back in January, to suspected liver disease, he cost £350 in vet bills and I only had him 3 months.

I got Brandi and Bailey after he passed as I missed having rabbits, now Bailey has gone to rainbow bridge, and cost over £400 in vets bills

I'm hesitant to get another rabbit but I don't want Brandi to be lonely, obviously if he shows signs of being stressed or lonely I will go hunting for another friend for him

Give it some time, its early days. You're distressed still about losing Bailey and you may find you want another one to pair with Brandi going forward.

If Brandi appears okay at the moment I'd give yourself a bit more time to greave before rebonding.

I highly recommend having a look into pet insurance for Brandi so that vet fees will be covered (pre-existing conditions won't be covered).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If Brandi appears okay at the moment I'd give yourself a bit more time to greave before rebonding.

I highly recommend having a look into pet insurance for Brandi so that vet fees will be covered (pre-existing conditions won't be covered).

I have but £200 a year for a rabbit that only covers £2000 is quite a lot considering he's neutered and only 3! I don't even pay that for my 10 year old dog!

I have but £200 a year for a rabbit that only covers £2000 is quite a lot considering he's neutered and only 3! I don't even pay that for my 10 year old dog!
Worth shopping around. I wouldn't be without insurance... my girls isn't even 2 and she's cost around £1,500 this year.

I know it's still hard losing them xx

I don't need to think about it anymore, Brandi looks very lonely and is very quiet unless I'm with him, he needs a friend

I spent over £5000 on my 2 year old rabbit last year and another £3000 on his bonded partner of the same age. Luckily we were insured but we completely maxed it out on both of them. I also have another 2 rabbits that are around the same age and they've had no issues whatsoever but I still wouldn't risk cancelling their insurance. I just wouldn't be without it now! If money is a concern then get her insured because you never know what is going to happen with rabbits!

I don't need to think about it anymore, Brandi looks very lonely and is very quiet unless I'm with him, he needs a friend

Bless him. It's a hard decision, i've been through the same thing recently and it took me about 5 months to get my head around getting another rabbit for my girl. It was the best thing that we could have done for her though and she is so happy to have a friend now :)

Bless him. It's a hard decision, i've been through the same thing recently and it took me about 5 months to get my head around getting another rabbit for my girl. It was the best thing that we could have done for her though and she is so happy to have a friend now :)

I'm now considering not getting him a friend, as he seems much happier on his own?

He was binkying so much last night! I've never seen him binky so much!

Back