• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Awareness Week 17th - 25th June 2017

I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing :shock:

Yea my vets is £40 each for both vaccines - can't believe yours used to be £22 that sounds amazing now[emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two :)

That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two :)

Was that £80 for both of them Grace?

It means 140 per rabbit!!

With my vet, a health check comes in with the vaccination fee and so it's all included.
£140 per rabbit is outrageous in my humble opinion :(

My vet charges £40 per rabbit, and with multiple rabbits (and two vaccinations) that's a lot. So I shop around and get the myxo/rhd1 from one place and the rhd2 from another place and it's between £10 - £20 cheaper per vaccination

I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing :shock:

That would be a good idea! I like at work the VHD2 vac is £20 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, that encourages people to get it booked in straight after they've come for the myxo/VHD1. Different matter, but they've put a set price on C sections for brachycephalics and you have to pay upfront, and then you get a free spay included to encourage people not to breed again. The vets are at a loss, but hopefully will reduce some litters being bred!

Was that £80 for both of them Grace?
Yea :) only for the combined vaccine though it'll be another £80 for RHD2 in December for them both :)

Be lovely if they we £20 each per bun but Idm paying £80 for both honestly aslong as they're with William, he always checks Clementines knees too, to make sure they're still nicely in place - don't know another vet who would, and that would know what they're feeling for on a bunny [emoji38][emoji38]

Who by? I wasn't aware of this. It explains why Tui's spay was around £90, which included take home meds and two post op checks. I was expecting quite a bit more. Vaccinations at my vets are around £40 each, which includes a health check.

Who by? I wasn't aware of this. It explains why Tui's spay was around £90, which included take home meds and two post op checks. I was expecting quite a bit more. Vaccinations at my vets are around £40 each, which includes a health check.

The vets themselves :D

A neutering (especially spay) would be in the hundreds quite possibly otherwise.

Yea :) only for the combined vaccine though it'll be another £80 for RHD2 in December for them both :)

Be lovely if they we £20 each per bun but Idm paying £80 for both honestly aslong as they're with William, he always checks Clementines knees too, to make sure they're still nicely in place - don't know another vet who would, and that would know what they're feeling for on a bunny [emoji38][emoji38]

It's so worth it to have a really good vet check them over. They notice things.
I'm really pleased with that aspect of my own vet too :)

£40 is standard around here, but I can get it far cheaper by shopping around so I do :)

I have my new arrivals (intros to follow soon!) booked in to vets for RVHD2’s on Friday - hope mine are doing them cheaply for RAW but I’ll not hold my breath :p

orangediva;7015360[B said:
]I have my new arrivals (intros to follow soon!)[/B] booked in to vets for RVHD2’s on Friday - hope mine are doing them cheaply for RAW but I’ll not hold my breath :p

So lovely to hear about your new buns, more details (and photos?) would be welcome :love:

Aww thanks MM - I’ve been waiting as I didn’t want to jinx their bond. Going really well so far but the girls are nearly 14 weeks old now so I’m going to ask the vet how early we can spay them when we go in on Friday. It’s all been amazingly good natured so far but I know how quickly things can change xx

Aww thanks MM - I’ve been waiting as I didn’t want to jinx their bond. Going really well so far but the girls are nearly 14 weeks old now so I’m going to ask the vet how early we can spay them when we go in on Friday. It’s all been amazingly good natured so far but I know how quickly things can change xx
Oooo pictures needed Orangediva!

So glad it's all going so well!

I hope your health is doing OK at the moment too? :wave:

Probably a little late in the week but just wanted to confirm that my Companion Care did charge half price for their booster :D Both Mishka and Pixel were done for £43 (kinda wish the others were due at the same time now :p)
Unfortunately both have also been told to lose weight, so the naughty things are going to have to get moving a bit more (having a struggle with Mishka, she's normally very active but since I bought her a new cushion she spends all her time spread out on it looking adorable :lol: As for Pixel.. He's impossibe to keep weight off, I have no idea what I'm going to do with him :roll:)
Anyway, again I'm not sure if it's all Companion Care's or just mine but worth a try if your buns are due for their boosters :D Not sure if it applies for filavac as well but worth a try.

Back