• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Rainbow Cottage finished

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Our old couple Geoff and Lady Rosie were the only rabbits left in the garden living in a hutch/run combo. Whatever the weather Geoff always sat in the run, only using the hutch as a hay rack. As he has got older and especially now he has been diagnosed with a mass in his tummy we have become more concerned about him being out in the cold.

So we have spent the last few weeks revamping are old playhouse. It has been painted, new felt, new floor. Completely insulated, ply lined and a sleeping area added. The door has had a new window put in for them to look out and new perspex added. Once that was done we have cut down his old run and made it a lot smaller and attached it to the playhouse. We are hoping with a smaller run he will be more encouraged to stay in the playhouse on cold nights and if not we can put a tarp over the whole thing.

They moved in yesterday and I am so pleased. Geoff has made his spot inside the playhouse looking out into the run through the opening :love: Even with a smaller run they actual have more floor space than they had before :D

P1050347.jpg

P1050362.jpg

P1050363.jpg

P1050349.jpg

P1050348.jpg

P1050352.jpg

P1050343.jpg

P1050346.jpg

P1050355.jpg

This is amazing. How Much did this cost u? I'd love to do this for my buns. ... well for half of the year .... good old Canadian winters . Haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

Fantastic! I see there is an adult size chair in the run..............is that for me? If it is I'll be more than happy to move in with the buns asap!!!!!!! Heaven.....for me at least.

Don't think that the buns would appreciate my snoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic! I see there is an adult size chair in the run..............is that for me? If it is I'll be more than happy to move in with the buns asap!!!!!!! Heaven.....for me at least.

Don't think that the buns would appreciate my snoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yes. Geoff lived under it for four years in his previous run but now he has the playhouse he has not been near it!

You have some very lucky bunnies living with you, Liz. :love: :)
That looks fabulous. :) I need one just like it for my guys. Do you deliver? :D

Back