• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where are all the wild rabbits?

I live in Chelmsford.

There are 2 places we often go at weekends -Galleywood Common and Writtle. I've seen no wild rabbits on the Common for weeks but there are still plenty playing and eating in the Writtle/ Roxwell fields.

I believe there has been confirmed Myxomatosis outbreak in Stock which is the next village after Galleywood .
Hi Den!

Drove home via Essex Regiment Way and saw a couple of wild buns sitting in grass![emoji106]

Happy now![emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Drove home via Essex Regiment Way and saw a couple of wild buns sitting in grass![emoji106]
Kelvedon Bypass (A12) used to be the best place: around dusk, they'd all line up to watch the traffic! It was awesome :D That was about 20yrs ago though :lol:

I live in Glasgow and have a medium sized garden,been there most of my life.I've not seen wildies in the garden for over 40 years.When I was a child there were plenty,much to my late dad's disgust.They gobbled up the veg garden.However we have urban foxes and last night I was delighted to see a wee hedgehog on the lawn.It came right up the path near the back door.I put out some cat biscuits for it and it munched away on them.I also have a "pet" squirrel who comes to the backdoor and in the house for peanuts.

We still have lots here in Bedfordshire! Also we've just been to Cornwall and there were lots on our campsite. It made the middle of the night trips to the loo magical! :)

Back