• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rupert.

Susan has been lost, she barely moves and has been so down that a while ago we travelled to Cardiff to collect a young man called Rupert. He has been here a little while now and settling in nicely. He likes humans and seems to like Susan.

Rupert is 17months old, and has had a bad start he was kept with someone who had a lot of dogs and snakes. He had an infected castration and really bad fur mites. Then he went to a rescue centre near Cardiff. He is now well, if a little thin and flipping heck is he naughty! Susan has perfected her glare and almost rolls her eyes at him.

Meet Rupert.
20200324_094334 by mark andra, on Flickr

He is not litter trained and eats wallpaper. He is living in the dining room, kitchen and leanto. Susan is in the lounge. Rupert has perfected this pose just for Loobers!
20200323_070633 by mark andra, on Flickr

Rupert likes to climb, through catflaps, onto dining tables, anywhere in fact.
20200325_072221 by mark andra, on Flickr

Susan and Rupert have met but on either side of the babygate indoors or with chicken wire between them outside

Happiness is a chimneypot each
20200324_140743 by mark andra, on Flickr

Today Rupert "helped" with the dismantling of the shed and is very tired.
20200328_162328 by mark andra, on Flickr

Susan has perfected her glare and just can not believe we had the audacity to bring a "boy" into her world.

Last edited:
Oh Rupert is beautiful, simply adorable :love: I love his colouring :love: Susan would be advised to stop glaring and become a little welcoming :lol: I think that Rupert was worth waiting for.

Sending loads of vibes for their bonding.

oh he's lovely, and what a character, he must think he's in paradise bless him. Susan you are a very lucky bunny, he's a looker :D

Thank you Omi, Pets Mum, J&B and MikeK we will be moving very very slowly with any bonding. I have been in touch with the bonder who bonded Dilly and Susan. Obv with CV at the moment no bun is going anywhere.

Oh my great goodness. I’ve not had much to shed tears of sheer joy and love about lately, but you, or rather Rupert, have brought sweet happy tears to me tonight.
Firstly, as sometimes upsetting as the background story goes with our rescue buns, for me, that story is a very deep part of the bunny and also deeply reflects the beliefs of the carer adopting the rabbit. We’re all different so we all perhaps chose different rabbits with personalities that we feel suit us and those buns with us.
Rupert journey to you touched me in a way that only a couple of other buns on here have. It is deeply moving and reflects on some way, the part that fate sometimes plays when we least expect it.
Rupert absolutely deserves you, deserves the love and safety and the special life that you can give him, and also a special friendship just waiting with Susan. I’ve no doubt Rupert holds many unhappy memories from the terrible conditions he was kept in. He deserves better and my goodness he has got his bunny wish and then some.
Like children, he is just testing boundaries. He’s naughty but not intentional. He’s just testing what is allowed and the fact he loves interaction and the companionship from you demonstrates that he knows - he knows you and your home is different.
He looks beautiful. He looks content. The fact he is curled up means he feels and knows he is safe and has people looking after him. He is truly gorgeous. I think he will be a gentle soul. His journey to the life he deserves is complete now, and with patience and time and the help of your bonder, I am sure this story will have an ending to rival any love story.
It’s not often I fall in love with a rabbit, but believe me, I’ve fallen very much for Rupert.
Sending loads and loads of bonding vibes and would love to give Rupert a nose rub.
Thank you for truly making me so happy reading this. Xxx

Thank you Nap91, Zoobec amd Craig1965

Yes Nap91 Susan is much more animated. Outside she is watching him = it did start off with her approaching him with a stiff tail but now she isnt doing it as much. They both bite through the chicken wire at each other but after being told gently they stop. Rupert if in the larger space zooms up and down. Susan tries to be more sedate but they are pottering about seemingly unfazed by each other. They have not met yet as I want to be so slow at this.

Craig1965 a nose rub / stroke for you 20200323_070002 by mark andra, on Flickr

Lots of dogs and snakes - perhaps this is why Rupert is used to climbing and jumping trying to get out of the way! Thankfully it doesn't sound like his past has broken his spirit and now he can enjoy a much better life with you.

Hi Rupert! I adopted a bun that we called Rupert last year and can confirm Ruperts are very very naughty!! :lol: hope he settles well.

Hi Rupert! I adopted a bun that we called Rupert last year and can confirm Ruperts are very very naughty!! :lol: hope he settles well.

Oh heck, :)

Thank you all for your warm welcome for Rupert.
We have a video vets consultation tomorrow now he has settled. His records have arrived from rescue so Sheryl is reacting to one or two of my concerns - his food habits particularly. He is flipping ravenous and will butt your hand out of the way. I have asked if he needs worming or something - I know he had a bad infestation of fur mites for which the rescue treated him but not sure about wormers etc. He is not dissimilar to a food aggressive spaniel we fostered!

Oooh- Ruperts a foodie. I could always send Lillian over for a few days to bring him in check. There aren’t many who can put scoff Lillian.:lol:

Back