• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been a bit naughty

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

So, we have another new addition ;)

He is a lovely little 18 month old lionhead. I saw him for sale and couldn't resist and bought him home this evening. It's all change here, Dottie and Ziggy have moved to the new playhouse outside and this new little one has my dd's bedroom.

We thought it best to keep him inside while he's alone, but plan to get him neutered and bonded over the next few months. Then we will probably review things and possibly move them outside too.

I have had to agree to a compromise and give some of the room back to my dd, but he still has plenty of space. She needs to be able to use her desk and computer so we've jigged things around.

No name for him yet. Photos to follow soon, so maybe I can get some suggestions x

Aww a new bunny, how lovely! What colour is he?
Every time I go out, my OH calls - don't get any more rabbits! Lol. My son, who's 11, said today -wait a few months Mum, he'll forget and you can get another one. Teehee.

Wow, how exciting :love:

So will he be bonded to Dottie and Ziggy or are you going to get him a doe of his own;)?

Hah! You can never resist, can you? ;) Congratulations on the latest addition though.

Some name suggestions - Luca, Rowan, Ackley, Arlo, Delwyn, Fortune, Algie, Eachan (Gaelic for Little Horse!), Amandus (Latin, Worthy of Love - my Erasmus's name is Greek and means Worthy of Being Loved), Arledge (Anglo-Saxon, Dweller by the lake where the rabbit dances), Arlie (Anglo-Saxon, From the rabbit meadow. Variants include Arley, Arly, and Harley).

...I have a book of baby names by my bed. For naming fictional characters, and rabbits apparently. It's where I found Erasmus's name, but I did consider Arley because of the meaning. But Erasmus's meaning and the fact he was advertised as being special needs won me over. :lol:

Thanks guys :) What can I say, I'm a sucker for a bun in need.

I get that too CL. My dh will say no more and then oh go on then, cos he's a softy and likes them too lol. Bun is white with dark brown patches and a peppery / speckled pattern all over his back. It'll be tomorrow before I can get some pics up now.

The plan is to get him a friend of his own, probably from the same rescue as Ziggy :)

Thanks for the name ideas tlc, my girls front runner is Spud lol, so nothing particularly sophisticated :lol:

Thanks guys :) What can I say, I'm a sucker for a bun in need.

I get that too CL. My dh will say no more and then oh go on then, cos he's a softy and likes them too lol. Bun is white with dark brown patches and a peppery / speckled pattern all over his back. It'll be tomorrow before I can get some pics up now.

The plan is to get him a friend of his own, probably from the same rescue as Ziggy :)

Thanks for the name ideas tlc, my girls front runner is Spud lol, so nothing particularly sophisticated :lol:

Well done you! Was he off the free ads?

Regarding names - my daughters wanted to call our dog teabag before I vetoed it :roll:

Wow you're building up your own little warren :lol: Welcome to your new bun, hope he settles well. Lucky boy :)

Well done you! Was he off the free ads?

Regarding names - my daughters wanted to call our dog teabag before I vetoed it :roll:

Ha that's funny.

Yes, from gumtree. I shouldn't keep looking, but I can't help it. Having decided against those others I had seen, I though this little one was one I could take. There was another bun there, a female, but she had allowed them to be together and suspected she was pregnant, so was keeping her for the time being. I have said well you have my number if in the future there's anything we can do. Obviously they shouldn't have let it happen really, but at least we have the male now.

Yeah it is turning into a bit of a Warren Casco :) I love it!

Here he is :) The cage is kept open btw x

20170510_105320_zpsdjd6nwdy.jpg

Oh he's a cutie :love:

Yeah it is turning into a bit of a Warren Casco :) I love it!

Yes I think you do! As much as I would love more I'm aware of the time and money needed to do this so I opted for fostering for a local rescue instead of adopting more - I'm actually really enjoying this as I get to meet so many lovely rabbits and take care of them until they find a fab new home. So far I've only kept 1 of them :lol:

What a little beauty he is. :love:

He has the same green igloo my piggies have. The girls - Epsilon and Delta - love jumping on top of it.

Oh he's gorgeous! I daren't look at those ads, or got to anywhere that sells bunnies, in case I bring any home. I'm lucky though and my OH really wouldn't mind as he loves bunnies too!

Thanks everyone :) (please excuse the scruffy upside down litter tray, it's a makeshift step to get out the cage)

Oh he's gorgeous! I daren't look at those ads, or got to anywhere that sells bunnies, in case I bring any home. I'm lucky though and my OH really wouldn't mind as he loves bunnies too!

I know, right. Whenever I tell my dh I want a chat, he gets that look as it's usually another rabbit. I've done this 3 times now from ads. It's a crazy way to go about things really because I have to pay out for neutering etc. For a friend for him we will most likely go back to the rescue though x

He is lovely! I'm a sucker for looking on the free ads too!

He really is. He's such a cutie, very calm and placid and happy to come over for a stroke. At the moment he spends a lot of time in the cage, it's like he doesn't realise he can jump out when ever he wants, he was previously shut in a dog crate at his old home.

Thanks CL, he's got some brown in there too, which didn't really show on the photo :) x

Back