• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi - need new home for one of my buns

Try PMing Tamsin. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=4009

Can I ask why you need to rehome him? Maybe it's something we can help with?

I will try the suggestions the two of you have made. She needs rehoming(that's her in my avatar) because she has lost the plot after being spade and she won't mix with our other rabbit.

The lad daren't go near her and I simply haven't the time to look after rabbits on a permanent basis.

Of course, I must be satisfied she is going to a good home.

I will try the suggestions the two of you have made. She needs rehoming(that's her in my avatar) because she has lost the plot after being spade and she won't mix with our other rabbit.

The lad daren't go near her and I simply haven't the time to look after rabbits on a permanent basis.

Of course, I must be satisfied she is going to a good home.

from bold text... So are you rehoming both of them? Most (not all) buns much prefer a friend as they are very social animals. As thenamesJT says, if a rescue is near you, they may assist with bonding them for you, for a small donation :)

They could probably be re-bonded into a pair. A bond often breaks down once a bun has been spayed due to the seperation/hormones - has your male bun been neutered?

i would agree try to re bond them seems a shame to separate them and the other bun wont have a friend :( especially if your not in all the time, the bun will be alone :(

from bold text... So are you rehoming both of them? Most (not all) buns much prefer a friend as they are very social animals. As thenamesJT says, if a rescue is near you, they may assist with bonding them for you, for a small donation :)

They could probably be re-bonded into a pair. A bond often breaks down once a bun has been spayed due to the seperation/hormones - has your male bun been neutered?

Hadn't considered that.

They are both does by the way. Best of friends until 12 months old, now 4 months later they couldn't be left alone together.

Hadn't considered that.

They are both does by the way. Best of friends until 12 months old, now 4 months later they couldn't be left alone together.

eh? You said 'the lad' daren't go near 'her' ? now you say they are both does? :?

Are they neutered/spayed whatever sex they are? Please confirm your information.

:)

My group of 3 girls lived together for 2 years at the rescue (unspayed). I had them spayed when I adopted them and they fell out shortly after the op.

Poppy was the aggressor, so I separated her from the other two, but only by using a mesh divider so that she could all still see, smell and communicate with each other. I kept them like this for about a week to give them all time to calm down and then tried them together again. I had a couple of minor scuffles and a bit of chasing, but they soon settled down and went back to the snuggly trio that they were before their spays.

I have 2 does that were bonded, but have fallen out. They cannot be trusted to be left alone together. But they live a very happy life in 2 separate pens next to each other. They have exercise time together, with me with them at all times and it works really well. Once you get a new routine sorted things fall into place, so why not give it a bit of time before making any decisions.

eh? You said 'the lad' daren't go near 'her' ? now you say they are both does? :?

Are they neutered/spayed whatever sex they are? Please confirm your information.

:)

Maybe 'the lad' is rabbitual's son? That might explain the confusion:)

Back