• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Different hay

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
Ive been ordering hay from timothy hay and recently a friend of mine said I could buy a bale from her farm for £5. Its very soft sweet smelling hay but unfortunately none of my rabbits are eating it! Another friend said what did I expect after feeding them timothy hay but that they would eventually eat it if I left it.... im worried though cause they literally used to eat all that I could put down but now they are barely touching it???

Ive been ordering hay from timothy hay and recently a friend of mine said I could buy a bale from her farm for £5. Its very soft sweet smelling hay but unfortunately none of my rabbits are eating it! Another friend said what did I expect after feeding them timothy hay but that they would eventually eat it if I left it.... im worried though cause they literally used to eat all that I could put down but now they are barely touching it???

Can you mix some Timothy Hay in with the baled hay? Or mix some dried herbs/forage in ?

What I do is mix around three/four hays together. They have timothy hay, but it's also mixed with some more elite timothy hay (!!) and some from a bale from a farm shop. This sounds like the hay that you've been using?

Try that - or even mix in some readigrass .... they will have to work hard to pick out what they want, and hopefully they will go back to being less picky :)

Back