• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

that was a surprise

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I separated the bunnies apart last night. they were side by side in small pens as its much easier for bonding. things had been going okayish, but a lot of big fights still happening.

this morning I walk in and find that Orion has jumped into Luna’s pen :shock: my mom even fed them some veggies and they shared them with 0 issues. no fighting over it, no grunting. they also didn't fight with the excitement over herbs like they have a few times before when they get excited.

I’ve left them separated for the moment as I’m not sure what to make of it, obviously they care more for bonding themselves over my methods! :lol:

I separated the bunnies apart last night. they were side by side in small pens as its much easier for bonding. things had been going okayish, but a lot of big fights still happening.

this morning I walk in and find that Orion has jumped into Luna’s pen :shock: my mom even fed them some veggies and they shared them with 0 issues. no fighting over it, no grunting. they also didn't fight with the excitement over herbs like they have a few times before when they get excited.

I’ve left them separated for the moment as I’m not sure what to make of it, obviously they care more for bonding themselves over my methods! :lol:

Haha - job done ;)

I'm hoping so!! I've placed them back in one pen for the moment as I could keep an eye on them. there wasn't any wounds or a scuffle that I could see for either of them. Luna did grunt at him for moving though so she does seem to be a bit stroppy :lol:

as of the moment they're both sat in the litter tray which is an advance as yesterday they would fight over the litter tray...idiots :lol:

diVvADqm.jpg
dfbts8Im.jpg

I'm hoping so!! I've placed them back in one pen for the moment as I could keep an eye on them. there wasn't any wounds or a scuffle that I could see for either of them. Luna did grunt at him for moving though so she does seem to be a bit stroppy :lol:

as of the moment they're both sat in the litter tray which is an advance as yesterday they would fight over the litter tray...idiots :lol:

diVvADqm.jpg
dfbts8Im.jpg

:love: :love:

Ah - this sounds all too familiar with my two and what they did. I tried different methods to bond Henry and Lillian and wasn't making any progress. Then, 2 weeks ago, the little tinkers just decided to get cosy with each other and bounce all round the garden like long lost friends. Like you, I was stunned and also wary (as per my thread on the matter) and here I am, 2 weeks on, and the two of them are like besties. You know, sometimes I think we might try what we think is best for them, but ultimately the bunnies decide when they want to bond and I echo the comment of Joey & Boo above in that this is hugely positive sign for your rabbits. I would be tempted to keep a watch on things from a distance but I am keeping everything crossed for you that your rabbits are going to bond and become a great pair. This is wondeful news and I hope we get updates on the friendship.

Back