• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gandalf the Martin/Seal mini Rex 6 months old.

PaulJD

Young Bun
I know you've ALL been wanting to meet Gandalf! especially you MightyMax ;) so below is the very first time we met him and just fell in love. I'm ashamed to say we got him from a breeder, A little naive of us as we should have gone Rescue but we just didnt think!

here he is at i think 5 weeks old.

This is his viewing and cuddle platform AKA the sofa arm! Still so small back then!

One relaxed rabbit!

Melts the heart!

And a couple of funnies!

And last but not least is a picture of the rescue bunny we are hopefully going to have bonded with him, she is called buttons and is 4-5 months old, we instantly spotted that she was on sawdust so are trying to get her as quick as we can. if anyone has any ideas of her breed that would be helpful! she looks pretty small so are hoping she will fit right in with Gandalf.

Gandalf is just stunning :love: He does look to be a very chilled rabbit.

Sorry, I can't help with the breed of his new friend, Buttons, but she's very cute.

Gandalf is lovely but don't have a clue about his future wifebun. I hope they will like each other.

Stunning pictures. Glad you rescued him a friend. Hope the bonding goes well. Perhaps the rescue can help you with that, if she is from a rescue.

Gandalfs wife to be! Arwen the 6 month old Smoke pearl Mini Rex :)

Hi Guys,

So here we have the new wife to be!

And Gandalfs new favourite sleeping place :)

I just went back to have another look at the baby Gandalf :D

She looks beautiful! Where did she come from Paul?

She came from the same Breeder as Gandalf, the only reason we took her was because she was going to be culled due to having a dislocated toe hence no good for showing:( (we fell in love with her also!) we couldnt just leave her to that fate so took her on and got the nasty show ring cut off and now she has the run of the landing! Gill said the toe is fine and shouldnt be causing her any pain whatsoever! you wouldnt know at all by the way she binks all over the place!

We were looking all over for a rescue but thought she needs a life too! she had her last round of jabs today also so April 18th is when they go off to be bonded! very excited! thanks again for the lovely response!

She came from the same Breeder as Gandalf, the only reason we took her was because she was going to be culled due to having a dislocated toe hence no good for showing:( (we fell in love with her also!) we couldnt just leave her to that fate so took her on and got the nasty show ring cut off and now she has the run of the landing! Gill said the toe is fine and shouldnt be causing her any pain whatsoever! you wouldnt know at all by the way she binks all over the place!

We were looking all over for a rescue but thought she needs a life too! she had her last round of jabs today also so April 18th is when they go off to be bonded! very excited! thanks again for the lovely response!

Well you certainly saved her from a certain death!

I know people on this Forum buy rexes from breeders - perhaps they aren't very common in rescues?

I hope she continues to do loads of binkies :D

I had a Tort Mini Rex who had a dislocated toe. He was a Breeder's 'Reject' too :cry:

Has your Seal Point Doe got a name ?

Gosh, lucky Gandalf. She's lovely! :love:

And, basically, she's a rescue given her "fate". How horrid :(

Gosh, lucky Gandalf. She's lovely! :love:

And, basically, she's a rescue given her "fate". How horrid :(

I'm sure not all breeders are the same .... But it's startling when they say they will cull for such a reason and not try to rehome, I guess.

I'm sure not all breeders are the same .... But it's startling when they say they will cull for such a reason and not try to rehome, I guess.

Yeah im sure there are good breeders, not saying this was a bad breeder but they were stock to him rather than lives it seems. sad but so glad we got to save her and gandalf from a life of shows.

I had a Tort Mini Rex who had a dislocated toe. He was a Breeder's 'Reject' too :cry:

Has your Seal Point Doe got a name ?

you'd think a dislcoated toe would be painful?!?! how funny that you had the same situation! another little life got saved that day then!

Well you certainly saved her from a certain death!

I know people on this Forum buy rexes from breeders - perhaps they aren't very common in rescues?

I hope she continues to do loads of binkies :D

not so many from rescues no but then trying to find a female of any sort was proving difficult. :)

Back