• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mobile Style

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
I cant change the settings from mobile style. It keeps switching back. Can anyone help?

I started yesterday - i tried to log in on my phone and selected mobile style but coming onto the pc, when i log in it goes straight to mobile. I click on default style and when i go to 'forum' or another page, it switches back to mobile.

Not that it helps but I use mobile style on my iPhone and normal on my laptop and it works done. I never have to fiddle with anything.

I've always had it set like that before too and not a problem. But since i logged out on my phone and then logged back in, it's gone weird. I've managed to set it to the blue one now tho but wondering if it will stay that way when i log out and back in again. :?

And i cleared cookies/history etc and logged back in today and it's mobile style again. Has anyone got any idea how i can change it back permanently?

I just clicked on the bottom of the page 'default syle' - and it takes me to the forum main page - but as soon as i go on to 'new posts' or 'chat' it switches back to mobile.

This happened to me a few weeks ago! I eventually came across a button bottom left corner on one of the profile edit pages but it wasn't easy to find and can't direct you more than that!

Thanks Leanne - it works if i find the drop down box and change it to the blue setting (cant remember the name of it) but then when i log in again, it's mobile style again. I now have to change to 'default style' (bottom of this page) then find the drop down box on the main page - i have to do that everytime i log in. Weird how it's only happening now tho - as i used to use both with no probs.

Thanks Leanne - it works if i find the drop down box and change it to the blue setting (cant remember the name of it) but then when i log in again, it's mobile style again. I now have to change to 'default style' (bottom of this page) then find the drop down box on the main page - i have to do that everytime i log in. Weird how it's only happening now tho - as i used to use both with no probs.

That's what it was doing with me and then it randomly stopped, I'm not sure if it was a different drop down box that particular time though.

Is there one on the main page where you can view all the forum sections when you log in?

I chose RU style 2

It wont stay on that style for me - it reverts to mobile. I have to select vB4 Default style. :? It's still happening. I log in from 3 devices and the problem is still driving me mad. :( I've even stopped logging in from my phone to try and stop it happening.

Hmmm it only worked when I did it from my phone, it was either on the main page bottom left green bar with drop down or in the settings page at the bottom left drop down, have you tried both? :?

It's so frustrating, it did my head in when it happened to me too.

When it's in mobile style the drop down thingy doesnt appear so i cant do it on my phone. I change it via the default style link and then selecting the vB4 Default style option in the drop down thing every time i log in on the computer tho. I never had to do this before though so i wonder why it's changed for me recently - seems like i'm the only person it's happened to as well??

When it's in mobile style the drop down thingy doesnt appear so i cant do it on my phone. I change it via the default style link and then selecting the vB4 Default style option in the drop down thing every time i log in on the computer tho. I never had to do this before though so i wonder why it's changed for me recently - seems like i'm the only person it's happened to as well??

There is one page that it does appear on! That's why it drove me mad too! I just can't recall which page it was on! Had to really search for it.

I would change mine to mobile and then look for it myself to help you, but to be honest, I'm too scared to in case I don't find it again! :oops:

There is one page that it does appear on! That's why it drove me mad too! I just can't recall which page it was on! Had to really search for it.

It appears on the main 'forum' page but you have to switch using the link at the bottom of the page. Thing is, if i select the 'default style' on that link, it takes me to the main forum page but if i click into any of the forum areas, it goes back on to mobile - so i have to go onto the main page (in default - the green page) and then use the drop down to vB4 Default style.

I went back to work the other day though and it happened on my first log in there - but when i changed it back, it stayed at what i'd selected it to be. It isnt going back to mobile on that computer. It just seems to be this one. :?

I would change mine to mobile and then look for it myself to help you, but to be honest, I'm too scared to in case I don't find it again! :oops:

Lol!! I wouldnt - just in case!!! :thumb:

Back