• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding bleu & fleur begins.....

I am so so pleased for you :D Well done for being patient and believing in them. And of course well done to Fleur and Bleu for being sensible rabbits (at last)

I knew they were both attacking through fear. I'm going to gradually move the panel inch by inch, making the space bigger without them noticing. I'm actually out of the pen now and it's just them two in there. I'm so pleased. I know all could go pearshaped but for me to see them like this will give me all the time and patience I need. The support from RU means the world to me.

Oh that's just the best news! :D Bleu is such a handsome fellow, now. Fleur is gorgeous too. I hope they keep on going and it's finally the beginning of a beautiful relationship. :love:

Thanks everyone. I know if they have a fight I'm back to square one so I will just have to keep myself from nodding off tonight. That's harder than it sounds after 5 days lol...

Congratulations on everybuns success so far. Its always good to keep the faith & trust instincts where bonding is concerned. They are very handsome

Oh my goodness ... I leave the house for a bit and this is what happens!!!!

I am so very pleased for you. You had faith and you trusted your instincts.

So, so good :D:wave:

It's been lovely to watch the grooming but I have had to be on the ball before a fight breaks out. They are getting over it quickly though which is a vast improvement.

You've made big strides forward. I am totally impressed at your nerves of steel :D

Well OH said he would watch the Buns while I had a few hours on the sofa. He is a nervous person but he said the Buns were great and had say cuddling and grooming. I decided I would move the lens back 2 inch an hour until most of the living room was penned lol.. This went amazing and they both binkied to say thanks.

After a bit I started removing panels 1 every 5 minutes but left a little barrier as somewhere safe for them if nervous.

I cannot believe how well it's gone. They are roaming round the living room together and fleur has even jumped on the sofa to me, which she never did all the times she was down here, even without bleu.
I've took photos but I don't want to take my eyes off them for long so will unload a bit later.

Well OH said he would watch the Buns while I had a few hours on the sofa. He is a nervous person but he said the Buns were great and had say cuddling and grooming. I decided I would move the lens back 2 inch an hour until most of the living room was penned lol.. This went amazing and they both binkied to say thanks.

After a bit I started removing panels 1 every 5 minutes but left a little barrier as somewhere safe for them if nervous.

I cannot believe how well it's gone. They are roaming round the living room together and fleur has even jumped on the sofa to me, which she never did all the times she was down here, even without bleu.
I've took photos but I don't want to take my eyes off them for long so will unload a bit later.

I always think that a large part of bonding rabbis is down to the people doing the bonding rather than the rabbits themselves. It's something in the way they tackle it - sadly it can't be bottled and sold or one of us would be making a fortune by now!

I am over the moon with your update :D

Back