• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe

glitterdust

Warren Scout
It's me again, I have bought 2 snuggle safes for the rabbits shed as it is getting colder. I am Confused(nothing new there) as to where to put them as they randomly sleep in there litter trays [emoji1]. There is a bedding area but the I only time that has been used was when Norah built her pretendy fur nest otherwise it's untouched. They use there litter trays to eat, sleep, poop and piddle. It might change when it gets colder though. I use wood pellets and then a puppy pad on top and then all there hay ,so I could place them under the puppy pads but it might make the hay warm.any suggestions

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

It's me again, I have bought 2 snuggle safes for the rabbits shed as it is getting colder. I am Confused(nothing new there) as to where to put them as they randomly sleep in there litter trays [emoji1]. There is a bedding area but the I only time that has been used was when Norah built her pretendy fur nest otherwise it's untouched. They use there litter trays to eat, sleep, poop and piddle. It might change when it gets colder though. I use wood pellets and then a puppy pad on top and then all there hay ,so I could place them under the puppy pads but it might make the hay warm.any suggestions

I should shift them around and see where suits them best. Seems a good idea to put them where they sleep but I know what you mean about the poop and piddle :lol:

Making the hay warm wouldn't matter I'm sure :)

I should shift them around and see where suits them best. Seems a good idea to put them where they sleep but I know what you mean about the poop and piddle [emoji38]

Making the hay warm wouldn't matter I'm sure :)
This :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have just put the snuggle safe in the shed placed next to the litter tray . Norah and Jimmy are not impressed with them at all. I didn't want to place them in the litter tray as I'm not sure how the wood pellets would go with the heat, I would probably lie awake all night worrying the shed would catch fire.(over reacting and being dramatic is my second nature).[emoji23] So I will try tomorrow day time and see what happens. [emoji1].. I don't think my rabbits like warmth too much. Maybe they will thank me better in the Winter.

I have just put the snuggle safe in the shed placed next to the litter tray . Norah and Jimmy are not impressed with them at all. I didn't want to place them in the litter tray as I'm not sure how the wood pellets would go with the heat, I would probably lie awake all night worrying the shed would catch fire.(over reacting and being dramatic is my second nature).[emoji23] So I will try tomorrow day time and see what happens. [emoji1].. I don't think my rabbits like warmth too much. Maybe they will thank me better in the Winter.

Awwwww..... I think the cover of the snugglesafe would be the first to catch :)

I gave one to someone for their buns once, and the buns ignored it, so my friend used it as a hottie for her own bed :D

How's it going with the snugglesafe?

Glitterdust you sound like me, I worry a lot too, (I have OCD) so I totally understand where you're coming from with the lying awake, worrying. I hope it's all going well and the bunnies are enjoying the warmth.

Glitterdust you sound like me, I worry a lot too, (I have OCD) so I totally understand where you're coming from with the lying awake, worrying. I hope it's all going well and the bunnies are enjoying the warmth.

Now listen everyone - stop lying awake worrying about your rabbits :wave:

Look on the mindfulness thread - Happybun posted a lovely YouTube video.

And if you can't stop worrying now, then be assured, *it does get easier*. Rabbits are these intractable little creatures who get under our skin and then never tell us what's wrong. Pesky isn't it?

But they are just so lovely :love:

I put them in the shed but whether or not they use them remains to be seen. I must try and buy a camera of some sort to put in the shed so I can watch them, I am sure they have a party through the night, it is all nice and tidy at bed time because the housekeeper (that's me) makes it all nice and tidy. In the mornings the water dish is upside down the tray it was on is upside down and at the other end of the shed , the litter is kicked out the litter tray, all the straw from the bedding area is trailed all over the shed but strangely the snuggle safes don't move [emoji3]..

Someone has been living on the snuggle safe all night there is a gigantic pile of poop where I placed it. [emoji3]. I have ordered another one x

So I was very interested in this product, but was rather put off by some of the horror stories among the over thousand reviews on amazon.co.uk (check out the one star reviews) It sounds like such a brilliant product but when it goes wrong it's a bit scary. Has anyone on here had one of these go wrong on them?

So I was very interested in this product, but was rather put off by some of the horror stories among the over thousand reviews on amazon.co.uk (check out the one star reviews) It sounds like such a brilliant product but when it goes wrong it's a bit scary. Has anyone on here had one of these go wrong on them?

Never had one go wrong. I haven't read the reviews, so I'll have to go and see what's happened ...

The most I've had is one warped because I left it in the microwave too long ...

Never had one go wrong. I haven't read the reviews, so I'll have to go and see what's happened ...

The most I've had is one warped because I left it in the microwave too long ...

They came open and spilt a hot wax like substance, it did put me off :( Here's a link to the one star reviews: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/product-reviews/B0014LJKUA/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

Here's a quote from one of the reviews:

Mum took one of these out of the microwave after use as directed and clutched it to her chest.
Dense molten wax sprayed over her arms and hands and down her clothes.
She raced to the sink and ran her hands under cold water, and the wax set. As she peeled it off, the skin on her wrists came off with it.

Her fingers are blistered, and her arm needed burns dressing.
I an still finding wax deposits on items six feet away from where she was standing.

Potentially very dangerous.

They came open and spilt a hot wax like substance, it did put me off :( Here's a link to the one star reviews: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/product-reviews/B0014LJKUA/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

Here's a quote from one of the reviews:

Mum took one of these out of the microwave after use as directed and clutched it to her chest.
Dense molten wax sprayed over her arms and hands and down her clothes.
She raced to the sink and ran her hands under cold water, and the wax set. As she peeled it off, the skin on her wrists came off with it.

Her fingers are blistered, and her arm needed burns dressing.
I an still finding wax deposits on items six feet away from where she was standing.

Potentially very dangerous.

Gracious, that's terrible :(

I must say that since using electrically heated pads I don't use the snuggle safes so often. I hope those are very isolated cases ...

I put brandi snuggle safe in his bed area so it heats up the whole area and the hay gradually and it's not just one little spot that's warm

When I showed it to him in a cover he was so confused! Like "it's warm like a bunny, but it doesn't look like a bunny "

Back