Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: preparing playhouse for bunnies

Default preparing playhouse for bunnies

ok, so the playhouse isn't even up yet, nor is the spot in the garden where it is going Nor will the bunnies actually be in it until about oct/nov...BUT! I do like to to gather up information and plan way before the time so here goes!

I have bought a 2nd hand wooden playhouse for the bunnies which is 6x4. It is one with 2 windows and a door (always useful )at the front and a veranda. Part of the veranda is going because we have a drain in the way.

What do I need to line the floor with? do I just need some lino? And then do you normally cover it with some newspaper?

And I won't be having a hutch in there my one is way too big and I would prefer to have something else in there for them to sleep in. Any ideas?

Hoping to get a shelf in there too, I think its 'Rabsville' that I've seen on here thats given me inspiration!

Hi,

I have a converted 6x4 shed, so may be able to help a little. I have the floor lined with Lino, and then i have a litter tray filled with litter. I have a hay rack above the litter tray so that madam can munch away while she poops

For somewhere to sleep, i bought a fabric dog travel crate and have filled it with lots of hay. It was filled with blankets, but she decided they were better for peeing on rather than sleeping on

She has a shelf which has a cat pyramid bed on but to be honest ive not seen her use it yet.

I have a 6x4 shed and I put lino on the floor but I also lined the shed with wire mesh to stop them chewing. When I put the lino down I run it up the sides about 3ins and then when I lined it with mesh it went over the lino so that there was no way they could chew the lino. (I hope this makes sense) I have built a couple of shelves now and I have 3 large trays that has their food water and hayracks in them. Sheds are so much easier to clean than hutches. i love it. Good luck.

Where did you get that tunnel?

Pets@home 5.99

I've never seen in my local one, is it in the bunny section, I've seen those green plastic tube ones online but like yours.

Yes it was in the bunny section.

Mama Doe

The plastic dog beds go down well as a bed and a giant litter tray!

5.99!!! urgh! in my pets at home it was 7.99!lol

Gone but never forgotten, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Domino, and my sweet little Bertie, who was taken far too soon.

Warren Veteran

Mine have vinyl flooring in their playhouse (4x4), I just cover it with newspaper and hay, it's really easy to clean out.

My lot have a shelf across the back, it's about 18 inches off the ground and about as wide. My two love sleeping on it and refuse to sleep anywhere else! I've covered it with carpet and when it gets really cold, they have vetbed and a snugglesafe too.

Tunnels are really good for them to play with because they will have the space, also straw/seagrass mats are good.
    Inky (2004-20012) and Smokey (2004-2015)
    "Your absence has gone through me. Like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its colour.

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals"