• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Wot Do I Do?

I thiought she has an outbreak of coccidiosis? Or had had rabbits there who had suffered from it later? Its a nasty disease which is very hard to kill, just look at how its spread through Louises poor bunnies :( Its not worth the risk.

I believe she said that the vets confirmed it wasn't coccidiosis

Y would she need a quarantine period when there is no diagnosed illness?

Have faecal samples from the poorly Buns been tested and given the 'all clear' then :? I mean the Bunnies Caroline asked for advice about on here :?

If so that's excellent news but if not most Vets would advise erring on the side of caution and quarantining.

Janex

Yes it was confirmed by the vet that it wasnt wot her buns had which was a relief!
And since she is closing no more rabbits will b going into the rescue anyway, hopefully only leavin when being rehomed :D

I said 'quarantine' in quotations because the message I was trying to get across was that rather than not taking in rabbits in order to avoid spreading disease (the traditional idea of quarantine), perhaps Caroline could stop taking in buns for a set time to give herself a break and then make a decision about the rescue.

It just seemed to me like she is trying to make a big decision straightaway, when perhaps the best thing would be to postpone the decision making for a set period of time whilst she has a rest and then looks at it with fresh eyes.

It just seemed to me like she is trying to make a big decision straightaway, when perhaps the best thing would be to postpone the decision making for a set period of time whilst she has a rest and then looks at it with fresh eyes.

I agree with this totally an hope that after a break she will reconsider but only time will tell!!!!

Back