Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Wot Do I Do?

New Kit

Default Help Wot Do I Do?

I have had a very long tearful conversation with the person who runs Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue She was so upset about things that are happenin an is having such a hard time with things an has said that she is gonna have to close her doors
    Wot i would like to find out from ppl is where will that leave the ppl who foster rabbits for her as i currently do an also all the rabbits which come to her from East Sussex an surrounding area. If she isnt open wot will become of these needy buns?????

Wise Old Thumper

Hi the situation is very sad but if she isn't coping then I think her decision to close is for the best.

Lets hope someone else with a lot of rabbit knowledge and space and resources... ....opens up a rescue in your area....
    .....until then if any rabbit is at risk..you could always take it and ask other recues nationally if they can take it when space allows
    Jill

Mama Doe

i dont know if this is the same place but im fostering a long haried bun to soon he has had babys who are now 10 weeks old

New Kit

Default Help

If there were rescues in the area to take rabbits then there would b no need for Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue in the first place. She has a waiting list so obviously this proves that the need is there for her.
    An as for me taking on extra buns as u should know as a rescue the time an money that is required for some of the buns to need the rescues in the first place is something i cant provide
    This is the reason for me trying to help some needy buns by being a fosterer So explain how am i supposed to help an wot happens to all the hard work an money that she has put in to rescue buns from bad situations! I think she is a special person an think that it is a real shame she has chosen to make this decision an think she could do with a bit more support from ppl she thought would help!!!!!

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry but you asked for my opinion..I was only suggesting a way you may have been able to help one or two desperate buns in the future...

There is a need in all areas for decent well-run rabbit rescues..but sadly for the rabbits, not every area gets one.

I think lots of advice has been offered but not necessarily taken....as I said before it's a sad situation....
    Last edited by honeybunny; 28-07-2007 at 11:03 PM.
    Jill

New Kit

Default advice

Well as I say i have foster buns as it is an takin anymore is not an option as i do not have the funds to cope with more or the accomodation to have anymore buns.
    I feel that Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue has done well by all the rescued buns that she has taken in an alot of the rabbits which she has rehomed have done well out of her being a rescue an they would have ended in different ways if it wasnt for her!!!!!
    In my opinion i would say there isnt enough caring ppl out there who would do wot she has an take on the challenge she has an i think sje should b praised for wot she has done an think she needs to keep her doors open otherwise there are a lot of buns in need out there who will not have a future!!!
    An i think if she had a bit more support from ppl it would make that difference an not have ppl sayin things behind her back Since I adopted my 4 buns from her i have had nothing but the greatest support from her an dont like the fact that the number of buns in need will go up due to her havin to close her doors

Wise Old Thumper

I think no matter how many rescues there are in an area there will still not be enough room for the amount of bunnies that need help

And if its gotten to the point where she cant cope anymore then maybe its best she does stop? I dont know the story here or anything but I do think that rescues can only take so many buns in and be able to cope.

We only have one animal rescue over here, they take in bunnies but know nothing about them really but I think its the same situation in many areas. I cant open a rabbit rescue at the moment but like to think im helping a little by sending them a hay experts parcel each month, going to cuddle their bunnies when I can and hanging out by the bunnies in pet shops telling people how important hay, vaccinations and a suitable hutch and run is. Its nothing compared to what rescue workers do but someone might listen

Is there another animal rescue you could foster for? Ours dont advertise the bunnies they have in but they probably get in more buns than they do cats or dogs so maybe its worth seeing if you can continue fostering for another rescue?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by dddanb View Post
    Well as I say i have foster buns as it is an takin anymore is not an option as i do not have the funds to cope with more or the accomodation to have anymore buns.
    I feel that Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue has done well by all the rescued buns that she has taken in an alot of the rabbits which she has rehomed have done well out of her being a rescue an they would have ended in different ways if it wasnt for her!!!!!
    In my opinion i would say there isnt enough caring ppl out there who would do wot she has an take on the challenge she has an i think sje should b praised for wot she has done an think she needs to keep her doors open otherwise there are a lot of buns in need out there who will not have a future!!!
    An i think if she had a bit more support from ppl it would make that difference an not have ppl sayin things behind her back Since I adopted my 4 buns from her i have had nothing but the greatest support from her an dont like the fact that the number of buns in need will go up due to her havin to close her doors

I am sorry that Caroline is unable to keep the Rescue going. However from HER posts on here it is clear that things are very difficult for her. Many people on here have tried to give constructive friendly advice and support but unfortunately it is always perceived as critisism. The Rescue currently appears to have some sort of disease outbreak, please see here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ad.php?t=97735 Please read ALL of this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ad.php?t=97494

In these circumstances ANY responsible Rescue would close their doors for a time. Taking more Rabbits into a disease outbreak is not 'Rescuing' it is putting Rabbits in danger I am certain that is not what anyone wants.

In view of the disease outbreak I would urge you to get your Foster Buns checked out by a Vet tomorrow.

This situation is very sad for all concerned

Janex
    Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 29-07-2007 at 07:03 AM.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dddanb View Post
    i dont think anyone is suggesting that she does not deserve support. however you must also understand that we are all trying in our own way to help out and rehome/foster/care for bunnies. mayb if you rallied your friends and neighbours you could get people local to you to help volenteer and to fundraise for her to help support her in that way? or mayb as i do understand that financial aid is difficult and all areas need bunny rescue centres and there arent enough , she could advertise for someone?or a group of caring local people to take on this huge task. hopefully fosterers will be able to care for buns in need until she finds the last lot homes. before finally closing. i understand the stress must be immense and she has obviously done her bit and should be proud of the acomplishments. and she must hold this dear to her. Also another thing to do would be a mass fund raising compaign to make more people aware locally about the situation and to possible take over the center for her? hope this helps. im sure everyones best wishes are with you and the buns... help however you can . as you alone cannot do everything. xx

also please dont see everything as a critism... everyone wants to help. and we all are aware this is very traumatic at present. but please listen and accept contributions as peoples opinions, and their way of giving advice and helping. as if you continie to be angry at people, they wil stop listening, sad as it is, you want compassion for the buns and rescue... give your fellow bunnylovers a chance to help by listening to advice given and not shoot them down we trying to help!
    Last edited by bunlover; 29-07-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Wise Old Thumper

I will also underline Jane's comment that if anyone has foster bunnies form this rescue please keep them in quarantine conditions, get them vet chekced and DO NOT REHOME them for at least 3 weeks.

Again this is not being nasty ....this is trying to protect more rabbits from becoming ill and maybe dying
    Jill