• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lop eared rabbit info

If you want something to sit in your lap then I would suggest a cat ;) Rabbits don't necessarily do that! :lol:
lol well I don't think I literally ment something that would do that...just something along that size I think its what I was really meaning.

I have to agree I think she might be a Holland Lop like Laura is saying. I have been looking at getting a Lop myself. And am kind of un sure if I should get Holland or a Mini I would really like a mini just cuz I would like to get somthing that could sit in my lap...lol don't know just what exactly it is but I like the idea of having something a little smaller.

In the USA Mini lops are bigger than Holland Lops ;)

I'm no expert... but she looks like a cross to me, the thinking behind this is because she has lop ears but the face is pointer than most dwarfs and mini lops i've seen. With regards the UK/USA (and Canada!) thing going on here, can someone please reassure me that i'm right in thinking that what we call a Miniture Lop in the UK is known as a Holland Lop in the States and what we call a Dwarf in the UK is called a Mini in the States?? :?

Close, an American Mini Lop is closest to our German Lop. You were right that their Holland Lop is our Mini Lop though.

our dwarf lop from a pet shop years ago looked like that..pointy face but their skulls take 18 months to develop and at 18 months she looked like shed run into a brick wall!:shock:

a bit of a heinz 57 lop is great;)

Back