Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit has broken his back leg

Default Rabbit has broken his back leg

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum and was wondering if someone could help me...

I came downstairs this morning and my mum told me that our rabbit looks like he has broken his leg. So I went to see him, and looking at the leg closer, he has twisted it all the way round and can't walk on it.
    Ive been handfeeding him and he's eating the food fine. I also gave him some water and he drunk that. I don't know what to do now, I have a feeling the vet bill is going to be massive! Is there anything I can do to help him?
    Thanks

Sophie

Get him to a vet as soon as possible.

Wise Old Thumper

Definitely get him to the vets. He'll need some painkillers
    I am doing an Everest Base Camp Trek & raising money for AYME - the Association of Young People with ME. You can sponsor me on the link below

http://www.justgiving.com/Angela-Wee...sorshiprequest

Depending on how badly broken it is the vet will probably give you an option of getting it fixed or amputating it.

It could be that it's dislocated not broken..

Definitely get him to a vet ASAP!! Imagine sitting about with a broken leg, owwwwwwww!!

Thanks for all your help!

Warren Scout

Vet and painkillers asap!

Some vets will let you pay in installments especially for such an emergency as this.

If you can't afford the vet fees then the PDSA or RSPCA may have a vet clinic that offers discounts. If you can't afford the treatment or find somewhere that will offer free/discount treatment you can afford then you need to sign him over to a rescue that can treat him. Rabbits don't show signs of pain like other animals do as they're pray species and don't want to attract predictors - however this doesn't mean he doesn't hurt. As his owner you have to make sure you do the right thing for him, even if that's pass him on to someone that can help.

can only agree with what has been said already...

Warren Scout

my rabbit had her front foot twistd all the way around and i thought it was broken. she wasnt walking on it either. i took her to the vet and she said it was just twisted and to give it a few weeks. i hope its just twisted.....
    good luck and keep us updated