Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporting Cruelty, Neglect or Bad Pet Shop Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
    Contact your local Council, ask for the pet shop licensing team and report them.
    I have written an email to the council as the phone keeps sending me in circles at the moment >_<

Default bought sick rabbit

I bought Aiden from a "breeder" at my local county fair. He was very sick from stress and overcrowding and this breeder was saying ridiculous things like
    "the wire bottom cages don't hurt their feet", "don't feed them greens", and most oddly of all "don't let them near towels because they could pull off a thread and hang themselves".

Sheesh. I want to report this person for maltreating the animals and not taking care of the sick buns and then selling them

Sussex Animal Rescue also investigate reports of animal cruelty and neglect in Sussex. They have a dedicated band of trained volunteers. I think their number is 01903 868664. They have a good relationship with the police too.

I came across a rabbit whose owners allow it to roam free in neighboursí gardens. The next-door neighbour said itís on their lawn for hours at a time and can let itself out of the hutch. I knocked on the door of the people who own it and the woman there had a Ďdidnít careí attitude, I asked her if she was going to catch it and put it in the hutch and she just shrugged her shoulders, said not right now and went back inside. It was running around in circles literally a metre from a busy road. I phoned the RSPCA to report it but they said they canít act if it has access to food and water and to call 101 which is the non-emergency police number and to report it as a road hazard. I havenít done that yet as I thought it was pointless and I doubted the police would come rushing out for a loose rabbit. Seems a shame that people are allowed to keep rabbits and treat them like that, itís surely only a matter of time until something happens to it.

Hi I don't know if this the correct place to come but I need some help.
    I was over in Belgium today with my Dad and in a little shop, (not a pet shop which is even weirder,) on the floor was a zoozone looking cage with 2 rabbits in. One was lying on the floor of the cage and honestly it looked broken, like a head tilt type thing, and the other seemed in slightly better condition and not "broken". I don't know what I can do for them I can'T just leave it knowing the're suffering. Is there any number I can ring, will the RSPCA be able to help them? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I'm just so distressed by this.

Xhttp://belgium.angloinfo.com/family/...organisations/

I dont know if this of any help.. Sounds horrible though...i hope they may be able to give you advice

Fee x
    Floppy, Smudge, Bramble, Willow, Chewy, Obi
    ❤️💙💜💚❤️💛💔

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasBunnies View Post
    Hi I don't know if this the correct place to come but I need some help.
    I was over in Belgium today with my Dad and in a little shop, (not a pet shop which is even weirder,) on the floor was a zoozone looking cage with 2 rabbits in. One was lying on the floor of the cage and honestly it looked broken, like a head tilt type thing, and the other seemed in slightly better condition and not "broken". I don't know what I can do for them I can'T just leave it knowing the're suffering. Is there any number I can ring, will the RSPCA be able to help them? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I'm just so distressed by this.
    This sounds horrible. Why not send Tamsin the administrator of RU a private message and hopefully she will be able to put you in contact with the relevant authorities? I do hope that something can be done to help these bunnies...however different country, different welfare standards....not that this country is glowing in that department either.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I've sent an email to their RSPCA but I don't know what good it will do. My dad's thinking about going back tomorrow, but that doesn't help them now. I'm so stressed and emotional that I feel sick and guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasBunnies View Post
    I've sent an email to their RSPCA but I don't know what good it will do. My dad's thinking about going back tomorrow, but that doesn't help them now. I'm so stressed and emotional that I feel sick and guilty.
    It is understandable that you feel sick, but please do not feel guilty......because you have already acted upon what you have seen. No turning a blind eye for you...well done.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES