Thread: Does anyone have a bun ...

Default Does anyone have a bun ...

... like Rhia? Not really sure how to explain, but looking at Rhi she always always seems sort of claustrophobic, caged in. She has her massive hutch (sure most of you've seen it) and when shes let out she goes mad, but shes very much wild-bunny like. Found it a bit hard to cope with her recently but tonight i've been just sat chatting to her and have kinda accepted that shes her, and all the things that could be seen as maybe a little bit negative make up who she is, but it did get me wondering about if she will ever be happy She seems like she should be in a field, free (those who dont know me, dont worry i wont be letting her out in the wild ) Xx

Wise Old Thumper

Maybe its hormonal do you think?

Is she hard to catch when she's out her cage?

Esther x
    Love my animals Georgie and Bill!!!!

Pippa was very much like that but since spaying and bonding her with MJ she is happy, I can see she is happy which is lovely... before that I used to worry how sad she seemed

Some of it is definately hormonal, the 'humming' and 'buzzing' .... but I really dont think that the general 'wild behaviour' is hormone related Esther, Shes not hard to catch really, no Xx

Quote Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
    Pippa was very much like that but since spaying and bonding her with MJ she is happy, I can see she is happy which is lovely... before that I used to worry how sad she seemed
    Aww Bless her, Rhi never seems sad. Always binkies and happy flops ... just seems so enclosed. The hutch used to swamp Tills and it overwhelmed her for a while, but Rhia just seems cramped in it!

Oh just wondered because Clover has a biggish hutch and when she escapes well she's is exceptionally hard to catch!!!

Esther x
    Love my animals Georgie and Bill!!!!

Ruby's like that. They live in a 9' x 6' enclosure, with lots to do, different levels, tunnels etc, but she always looks like she wants to run and run and never top! Even when they're in their run extension on the grass, she still looks a little claustrophobic. Could be the Belgian Hare in her.

Binky free Squidgy, Salt, Pepper, Ruby, Nougat, Patch, Bobby and Flopsy. Hope you are all having fun at the bridge.