• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem with 2 bonded does

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Tia & Pandora have been bonded for about 18 mths, they used to be in a trio with Blue but sadly we lost him to the VHD.
Tia has always been the dominant one & there has been a little fur pulling in the past ( always Tia who pulls Pandora`s fur ), but yesterday evening when i went to put them in for the night Pandora`s fur was everywhere!:shock: I checked her over last night & again this morning & fortunately she has no actual wounds, just a slight scratch.
They both happily shared their breakfast this morning & are now laying side by side:?

I`m just concerned as it really does look like they had a major fight this time:( & i don`t want any nasty injuries. Has anyone got any ideas as to what i should do please?

Here`s a couple of photos so you can see quite how much fur i`m talking about:
DSC00003-4.jpg

DSC00004-2.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Su.x

P.S. They are both spayed

Is she moulting at the moment Su so it looks worse than it is? Jemima keeps mounting Teddy and a similar amount of fur is in his run but it's cos he's moulting, they're not fighting

Other than that, sorry I don't have any advice

When they are laying side by side now, it is nothing to worry about. Surely it looks alarming when rabbits fight or fur lays around everywhere. But as long as they love each other afterwards, it is normal behaviour we have to accept.
What about putting another neutered male to the girls? Males often arbitrate in a dispute between the females and help keeping the group calm.

Thanks Black Rabbit,

I did try them with another male but unfortunately Pandora ( the non dominant one) tried to bite his `little man` off!:shock:
I will just have to see how they go.

Su.x

My group of 4 girls do this occasionally - I don't think it's anything to worry about so long as they are loved up most of the time :)

Back