• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a average age for a bunny to live?

House rabbits usually live 8-12 years. The oldest rabbit seems to be 16 years old (there is a thread somewhere in this forum about it) - but that is an exception. Small rabbits seem to live longer than very big ones.

hi.my eldest bunny,elvie-woo-woo lived until she was 9.she was a gorgeous much loved house bunny and unfortunately i had to have her pts due to severe dental problems.if her teeth had been better im sure she would have lived much longer as she had such an amazng spirit.it will be a year on weds 6th june since i lost her(6/6/06 was a terrible day for me)not a day goes by when i don't miss her:cry:

9 years...pretty darn good!!!!
Did she ever get into any fights over that name elvie-woo-woo?.
HA!:wave:

My oldest was 8 but I know many live much longer.

Larger breeds tend to have shorter life spans.

My first rabbit, Sam, a beautiful dutch, lived til the age of 8. I had him from the age of 4.

I was given a pregnant rabbit once and one of her babies lived 10 years, never spayed or vaccinated so I don't know how! She was a medium sized rabbit.

Back