Thread: Fur loss around eye

New Kit

Default Fur loss around eye

Hi

I noticed yesterday that Harvey had lost a bit of fur around one eye. Apart from that his eye looked ok.

Today the patch has spread down his cheek a bit so the fur patch is deep. I tried to bathe it with warm water this morning (which didn't go down well) but noticed a few tiny red specs.

Does anyone know what it could be? I have searched aroun for info and see ringworm and mite infections, but am unsure.

I was going to try and put some anti-parasite cream, but not sure if that is a good idea around the eye area?

I would not put anything on the effected area until you know what the problem is. I suggest you keep the area as clean and dry as possible and then consult your Vet.

Janex

The following 'add on' has Mod Approval

When Using the 'Health' Section of the forum, for the well-being of your Rabbits, please remember to read the advice in the Yellow Box at the top of the page

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/fo....php?59-Health

I would phone your vet and take him first thing on Monday morning (or sooner if they're open over wkend). With these things its always best to get a professional opinion.

RIP Sweet Frasier bun xxx

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")

I agree - the red specks sound odd and you can't be too careful around the eye area!