Thread: Fur loss around eye

Default Fur loss around eye

Hi

I noticed yesterday that Harvey had lost a bit of fur around one eye. Apart from that his eye looked ok.

Today the patch has spread down his cheek a bit so the fur patch is deep. I tried to bathe it with warm water this morning (which didn't go down well) but noticed a few tiny red specs.

Does anyone know what it could be? I have searched aroun for info and see ringworm and mite infections, but am unsure.

I was going to try and put some anti-parasite cream, but not sure if that is a good idea around the eye area?

I would not put anything on the effected area until you know what the problem is. I suggest you keep the area as clean and dry as possible and then consult your Vet.

Janex

I would phone your vet and take him first thing on Monday morning (or sooner if they're open over wkend). With these things its always best to get a professional opinion.

RIP Sweet Frasier bun xxx

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")

I agree - the red specks sound odd and you can't be too careful around the eye area!