Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I know this has been done before but...

  1. #1
    Warren Veteran buddabun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brunei!
    Posts
    8,592

    Default I know this has been done before but...

    Bar biting -

    WHY DO THEY DO IT!

    Jack has plenty of hay, isn't bored or frustrated (she runs up to bed of her own accord), isn't hungry and her teeth are perfect!

    WHY would she bit on the bars. She has chewed the white coating right off the bars (I didn't know it could come off!) and wakes me up every morning with it, and stops me sleeping at night because of it (morning might be hunger but I give them a treat before bedtime so she shouldn't be hungry at night).

    Any ideas? It's driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Our little lady Claudia, born Sept '09

    Can't wait to meet baby girl number 2 due in June!

    Charlie and Jack, my angels at the Rainbow Bridge

  2. #2
    Warren Veteran Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,464

    Default

    To stop Barney bless him, I used to tie wrap apple branches to the inside on the cage, where he used to bite, or I'd cut a slit in a toilet/kitchen roll and hang that over the bars Both did work

    Like this



  3. #3
    Warren Veteran buddabun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brunei!
    Posts
    8,592

    Default

    genius! I'll try that. I'm worried that she'll either hurt her teeth on the metal bars or bite straight through them and hurt herself even more!!!! Bless her

    will try the loo roll thing tonight. thanks!
    Our little lady Claudia, born Sept '09

    Can't wait to meet baby girl number 2 due in June!

    Charlie and Jack, my angels at the Rainbow Bridge

  4. #4
    Alpha Buck mumofthumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    wellingborough
    Posts
    514

    Default

    TANTRUMS!!! Thumps does it when he has to go back into his indoor cage- he much prefers it to stay by the fire!!! He is fine after a bit though once he realises he has veggies in his hutch he calms down


  5. #5
    Warren Veteran Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddabun
    genius! I'll try that. I'm worried that she'll either hurt her teeth on the metal bars or bite straight through them and hurt herself even more!!!! Bless her

    will try the loo roll thing tonight. thanks!

    Ive added a piccy too, you are very welcome

  6. #6
    Warren Veteran buddabun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brunei!
    Posts
    8,592

    Default

    bless!!!!! so cute.

    jack decides when it's bed time and they sometimes wait by the door to the attic to be let up to bed. very adorable but i don't think she's angry. she tends to thump a LOT so I reckon that'd be the first clue.
    Our little lady Claudia, born Sept '09

    Can't wait to meet baby girl number 2 due in June!

    Charlie and Jack, my angels at the Rainbow Bridge

  7. #7
    Warren Veteran buddabun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brunei!
    Posts
    8,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ali
    Quote Originally Posted by buddabun
    genius! I'll try that. I'm worried that she'll either hurt her teeth on the metal bars or bite straight through them and hurt herself even more!!!! Bless her

    will try the loo roll thing tonight. thanks!

    Ive added a piccy too, you are very welcome


    very nice! will have to track down some fruit branches - are crab apple trees ok?!
    Our little lady Claudia, born Sept '09

    Can't wait to meet baby girl number 2 due in June!

    Charlie and Jack, my angels at the Rainbow Bridge

  8. #8
    Warren Veteran chloaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Solihull, Birmingham
    Posts
    7,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofthumps
    TANTRUMS!!! Thumps does it when he has to go back into his indoor cage- he much prefers it to stay by the fire!!! He is fine after a bit though once he realises he has veggies in his hutch he calms down
    Max too He twangs the bars of his cage if I shut him in there to do the hoovering or something and makes as much noise as he can!!

  9. #9
    Warren Veteran Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,464

    Default

    Just make sure they are not sprayed with any pestersides

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •