• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tilly-May Re head shaking

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Since being poorly, Tills keeps shaking her head. Since she was really ill on Saturday, this has become more and more frequent :? There is nothing in her ears, No wax, No mites etc .. so it was put down to her starting to loose her hearing as well as her sight :( Just wondering if it could be anything else? Or give any more clues? Thanks Guys XXX

Sorry I don't know either someone will have a suggestion though i'm sure. Have you taken her to the vets at all?

Thanks Guys, She has been to the vets a number of times. She has something going on in her brain - tumor/abcess :( So as there isnt anything going on in her ears we assume its to do with that :? X

Hi becki it sounds just like what my patchy had she was like that but i can't remember what the vet said it was i will ask my mum if she remembers when she finishes work i do remember it was something very deep in side here ears that was causeing it.

sorry i can't be of more help.

sending my love to princess tilly xx

beckiboo186 said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Is Tilly on any anti-inflammatory meds Becki? Something like Metacam

Janex

MMm Nope, Dont think so Jane :? She's on panacur & baytril 0.5-0.9mls. Thanks Becky :) X

Might be worth phoning Zoey in the morning to see if she thinks some Metacam might be a good idea :? The head shaking may indicate some discomfort/inflammation :?

Janex

Thanks Jane I'll phone her tomorrow, She did have a good look down them, Would she be able to tell if there was an inflammation :? Gawd my poor girl, shes being so brave! Thanks Saz hun, What did the vet do? Was it anything related to something else, do you know? XXX

I'm not sure i remember her having different meds but can't remember the names.

She was really poorly so i had her pts :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have you checked outside her ears Becki? Evo gets an itchy patch on the top of one of his ears, every so often. That makes him shake his head a bit. Soon clears up with a bit of tea tree cream.

Back