• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC- neat idea cube housing

Are you impressed with the NIC constructions?

• Total voters
Oh fantastic, I will give you something for them though, let me know if you find them :D

Thea x

O/H is getting them out in the morning and will count them, so will let you know and I don't want anything for them..........how's the picture doing?

O/H is getting them out in the morning and will count them, so will let you know and I don't want anything for them..........how's the picture doing?

Brilliant. Yeh they are coming along, almost there I think! :shock: :lol: Hopefully will have them all done for the beginning of Dec!

Wouldn't they be able to chew through the cable ties?

(I've never used them, just interested)

I was worried about this, but mine have never even touched them :)
The cubes are great, the cage I made is huge, I could never buy such a big one for so little! It is quite heavy, but thats because I made the flooring out of floorboards :lol:
IMG_1000.jpg

I was worried about this, but mine have never even touched them :)
The cubes are great, the cage I made is huge, I could never buy such a big one for so little! It is quite heavy, but thats because I made the flooring out of floorboards :lol:

Oh my goodness! I was looking everywhere for the buns, and they they were, these tiny things in a great big house!!! :shock: :lol:

Wouldn't they be able to chew through the cable ties?

(I've never used them, just interested)

No bun I have ever seen in them has... not to say it can't be done though. If you clip the ends off real short they aren't that noticible. They do come with plastic clamps, but the ties are easier. Some stores also carry metal zip ties, but they are hard to come by.

I have an NIC cage, got mine from B&Q. Previously, I had a dog crate, HATED it, don't know why just did, so she was free roaming for a while, until I could get these (bout a month ago now maybe). :D

002.jpg

008.jpg

Note about the Screwfix ones - they are not the same, they are a finer mesh.

It looks different to this now, I have wood floors over the upper levels and it's more Christmassey ;) I have pink things for after Christmas. :)

I looove NIC cages! :D

I have an NIC cage, got mine from B&Q. Previously, I had a dog crate, HATED it, don't know why just did, so she was free roaming for a while, until I could get these (bout a month ago now maybe). :D

002.jpg

It looks great! Want one!

How many panels is in your cage?

Last edited:
Thanks! :D

I used 48 grids for the cage, that's two full boxes from B&Q. :) I have a third box and would love to make it even bigger, but my mum won't let me. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :D

I used 48 grids for the cage, that's two full boxes from B&Q. :) I have a third box and would love to make it even bigger, but my mum won't let me. :rolleyes:

You could move in with her if you did, they look great, I'd definitely consider them if I had housebuns. :D

arrrrgh, i so want to get some of these and get a palace built for preston but the b&q's near me don't know what i'm talking about with these boxes of panels. anyone in the kent area found these in a b&q?

arrrrgh, i so want to get some of these and get a palace built for preston but the b&q's near me don't know what i'm talking about with these boxes of panels. anyone in the kent area found these in a b&q?

Someone said that the ones B&Q will be selling are called Selmka 6 cube storage system, perhaps that might help them find it on the system?

Back