• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Hay online?

Cookie I ordered some of this hay and it arrived within 24 hours. I was expecting it to take alot longer.

Incidentally can anyone recommend any other hay. The buns aren't keen on this one - they barely touch it. I've tried Oxbow Western Timothy and they nibble at it but not as much as I'd like. Any other suggestions for 2 fussy little buns?

Ooh! There they are! I was trying to get them in my signature and it wouldn't work and now they suddenly popped up! lolol! Ahem...sorry...over-excited at my (limited) technical know-how.

Muppet2 said:
The hay experts are good for smaller bags of different hay, you can order a sample selection for your rabbits to try

Thanks for that, have ordered a taster pack. I'm sure Muppet will appreciate it!

I think i'll order a sample pack too. Did Muppet like it?

We recieved the sample pack on saturday and i can now add that mine really enjoyed the simply grass. ANd i think they likes trhe timothy and rye mix too. We ahven't tried anymore yet.

Have just found this thread :)

Just wanted to add that I've been buying hay from The Hay Experts for a while and have always found it very good. They have a good selection and, as has been mentioned, sample bags are available so you can try before splashing out on bigger bags. The lady who runs it is SO friendly, too :)

Didn't know about the Dust Free Hay site - it sounds great, so going to give it a try also.

Hi, I ordered from the dust free hay web site and my bunnies have been munching away quite happily on it. I also ordered the sample pack from the hay experts and they looove the western timothy, brome and oat hays. I was feeding pet shop hay-£4 for a big bag-but because it is their main feed I'd prefer to give them a better quality hay so will not order it any more (even though they still munched their way through it) they don't seem to be too fussy. :lol: :lol: I've decided to feed the dust free hay as main feed and then add the hay experts and other hays for variety. Right, good!! I'm glad I've got that sorted. :lol: :lol:

Just looked at the Lunnun website as I'm in despair over the cost of hay for my lot (currently West Wales Willows eaters!) - They say 2kg per sack, so I will have to do some sums when I get home from the library :)

Back