• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furious!!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Now it isn't often I get mad, but earlier on I had steam coming off me!! :oops: We were chatting to my neighbour & moaning about the bins not being emptied nearly as much as people need them emptied, when he said back in October they started to get maggots in their bin, which found their way into their House(!) and right through to the back ... Some of you may remeber that back in October was when I found a maggot in May's hutch?!! :x We've now worked out that it would've easily got there as her hutch is right outside the neighbours back door ... I'm just so angry & upset that Till could've died because of the council not bothering to empty the bins!!! :x Pheeeew - I can come down from the ceiling now :oops: X

Its really frustrating isnt it- they only empty ours every two weeks, and in the summer we had maggots falling out of the bags most times I was putting the rubbish out (need a sick smiley).

beckiboo186 said:
Now it isn't often I get mad, but earlier on I had steam coming off me!! :oops: We were chatting to my neighbour & moaning about the bins not being emptied nearly as much as people need them emptied, when he said back in October they started to get maggots in their bin, which found their way into their House(!) and right through to the back ... Some of you may remeber that back in October was when I found a maggot in May's hutch?!! :x We've now worked out that it would've easily got there as her hutch is right outside the neighbours back door ... I'm just so angry & upset that Till could've died because of the council not bothering to empty the bins!!! :x Pheeeew - I can come down from the ceiling now :oops: X

You have every right to be mad..yuck!

Hope you get something done about it!

Amy XXX

Hope is with you.

nicole said:
Get on to then girl!!!! I'd be bloody mad too :shock:

I will be doing! Where Tills welfare is involved, I can be a right nasty piece of work!! :oops: They'll def have ear ache! :lol: X

our council is exactly the same! we have 2 wheelie bins and 2 boxes for recycling. they only collected the 2 big bins every other week! it is disgusting but the council claims its to encourage people to recycle. they empty a little green box which u put cans, junk mail and newspapers into everyweek so i dont understand why they cant change it so its the black bin every week! leaving rotting food and nappies in a bin for 2 weeks doesnt leave a pretty smell atall - i havent had maggots yet touch wood but many people i do know have. i try not to put meat in the bin until the last week.ill but scraps in a freezer bag and keep them in there until night b4 bins get emptied.
at xmas they have decided they are not going to collect our green bin which all my rabbit straw and poo goes into for nearly 4 weeks! i was fuming at this too and thought well sod it ill just put it all in the none recycable bin at the bottom and cover it with normal bin bags - they will never know. my green bin is already full as it is! anddddd found out they are giving us a new coloured wheelie bin for yet more recycling!
omg get my essay - all i wanted to say was i know how u feel but it went abit overboard lol :oops:

Indorex spray the inside of your rabbit accomodation, kills everything but fine for bunnies.

My bin won't be emptied for almost 2 weeks as a collection is being missed due to Xmas. I clean 3 pairs of buns out everyday and change 2 cat litter toilets 3 times a week. I usually have to drop a bag of rubbish off at my mum's house anyway (she recycles everything) I'm going to end up in a right pickle :shock:

I recycle all my paper to the blue bin but because of the cats and rabs I still have too much waste :(

Rabswood

Aspen'n'company said:
How often do they empty your bins? We have ours done twice a week, so no maggots for us.

If only we lived in America! Unfortunately in England the majority of bins get emptied every two weeks!

Carob said:
Aspen'n'company said:
How often do they empty your bins? We have ours done twice a week, so no maggots for us.

If only we lived in America! Unfortunately in England the majority of bins get emptied every two weeks!

I get really angry at this...we are almost living in a 3rd world country, but pay 1st world taxes

I think these 2 week cycles are a complete health hazard. I've also had maggots falling out of my bins

I wonder how individuals can get together and make these faceless bureaucrats spend our tax money the way we NEED it spent ! Not the way they spend it, bribing the ones that keep them in power

Where we are, we get a weekly collection for general waste and a fortnightly collection for recyclables. All the rabbit litter goes in the general waste bin. It would be really handy if they did a green waste collection as well, as both my compost bins are already full. Judging by some of the experiences on here it sounds like we have a reasonably good service!

ewww mine only get done once a fortnight but I've never had any maggots :shock: Its not enough though I'm always creeping about in the night with bags of bunny waste to sneak into neighbours bins :oops:

touie said:
ewww mine only get done once a fortnight but I've never had any maggots :shock: Its not enough though I'm always creeping about in the night with bags of bunny waste to sneak into neighbours bins :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well we've never had maggots either, but we're in a semi so tbh they're mm away from us! We dont even put our bun waste in the bins we take it to the tip - thats whats rather annoying! X

If your neighbour found maggots in their bin then shouldn't they have disinfected their bin once it was emptied. We only get our bin emptied once a week and we have never had any problems with maggots escaping to the rabbit hutches as whenever I find flys in the bin I assume that they will lay eggs and throw some disinfectant in the bin then clean it out with our pressure washer.

KazPetts said:
If your neighbour found maggots in their bin then shouldn't they have disinfected their bin once it was emptied. We only get our bin emptied once a week and we have never had any problems with maggots escaping to the rabbit hutches as whenever I find flys in the bin I assume that they will lay eggs and throw some disinfectant in the bin then clean it out with our pressure washer.

we have a wheelie bin washer man, he comes once a month, its only £3 and well worth it

Back