Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short term fosterers required for Briar Patch Rescue

Warren Veteran

Default Short term fosterers required for Briar Patch Rescue

Some of you may have seen Eve's posting under the Elle thread, where she is asking for help with 4 bunnies she had received calls about this morning (2 x 2). Briar Patch was already full last week when Eve took 5 babies to assist another rescue and these have been placed with a valued fosterer. This means that the rescue is unable to take in anymore rabbits at this moment in time and, in particular, these 4 bunnies (2 of whom are strays).

What we would like to do is to increase our fosterers for Briar. If you have a spare indoor or outdoor hutch and would be willing to temporarily foster a bunny or a pair, please PM and we can have a chat. As soon as a place arises at the Rescue, then the bunny/ies would be brought back to Briar.

We would like to try and build up a list of people who would be willing to take on this vital work to enable Eve to continue helping rabbits in need.

Briar Patch is situated in Hainault/Ilford. If you would be willing to foster and do not live close to the Rescue, please do still contact me as runs can be organised and any help offered is important.

Wise Old Thumper

You have my number!!

Janex
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane
    You have my number!!

Janex
    Don't expect to ever see them again though .................
    Purchase your Pledge a Pound hoodie here

Help support the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign and spread the message that rabbits should not be bought on impulse by visiting their shop here

Supporting pet stores without livestock where profits are created ethically

Wise Old Thumper Bavarian Bunny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrn1310
    You have my number!!

Janex
    They could end up in a worse place than Jane's bunny mansion! The deluxe retirement home for the distinguished bunny.

Wise Old Thumper

You have my number!!

Janex
    I cant imagin what you mean.......

Janex
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

You have my number!!

Janex
    I cant imagin what you mean.......

Janex
    I think you have a contageous disease ... it is called 'bunnystick' you pick one up and it cannot be put down until it is returned to Hampton ... I think I have experienced this twice before once in the last month and about six months ago :wink:
    Purchase your Pledge a Pound hoodie here

Help support the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign and spread the message that rabbits should not be bought on impulse by visiting their shop here

Supporting pet stores without livestock where profits are created ethically

Wise Old Thumper

Does Eve have a minimum hutch size?

I'm not wanting anymore buns here at the minute, but in a couple of weeks, i will be chucking out some outdoor hutches/ & some small cages if anyone can foster for her. (If i don't have the cages, i can't take any more free ad buns )

Could arrange a bunny/cage run darn sarf.
    I am doing various events throughout 2015 to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
    You can sponsor me on the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/owner-emai.../Angela-Weeks3

Thanks

There's a minimum hutch size for adoptions but to be honest for emergency fostering we are pretty much talking life or death cases, so I'd have thought that anything would be better than nothing! In an ideal world all fosters would be in minimum 5ft hutches but if it's a case of something like 'if you don't take these rabbits, I'm dumping them somewhere' then smaller hutches would suffice as a short term measure, so at least the rabbits can be got safe and cared for

Wise Old Thumper

Most of them are hutch/cage with free rabbit off free ads, but I have a couple of those green p@h ones. i'm keeping some, cos my loose buns sleep in em but i got like, 10 or sommat.
    I am doing various events throughout 2015 to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
    You can sponsor me on the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/owner-emai.../Angela-Weeks3

Thanks

Banned

Can I pinch a small outdoor rabbit hutch please? I'm looking for a hidey hole that Bruce and Scarlet will fit in together.

Louise